Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sportwagon + KPM Exhaust Drone

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Rapid Exhausts out of Wollongong make the DG pipes people buy from eBay.

Gixman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series 2
Apparently from what I'm told, removing this section and putting straight through pipe gives good sound without drone.

I'm yet to try it

Attachments

• IMG_9954.JPG
    IMG_9954.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 141

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will change the frequency, it will make it louder. On a V6 it will still probably drone, especially with your X Force rear mufflers on there.

Gixman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series 2
It will change the frequency, it will make it louder. On a V6 it will still probably drone, especially with your X Force rear mufflers on there.
I removed the XForce system, the drone was annoying the little man so off they went today.

Any other options? Extractors give a bit better tone without the drone?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Extractors will help, but depending on what engine you have, you may not be able to fit them.

A full cat back that is designed to go together will help too as the full system is frequency matched, IE the front section is designed to match the mufflers so that it reduces the drone as much as possible. I've done a couple of V6's with the Manta "quiet" system and haven't had an issue with drone.

Gixman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series 2
Extractors will help, but depending on what engine you have, you may not be able to fit them.

A full cat back that is designed to go together will help too as the full system is frequency matched, IE the front section is designed to match the mufflers so that it reduces the drone as much as possible. I've done a couple of V6's with the Manta "quiet" system and haven't had an issue with drone.

Yep, good info!

I've got the engine that can have extractors changed. I read the thread about engines and che king the car info plate in the engine bay.

Any suppliers you know? I'm worried I might buy the wrong thing on gumtree

3.6L LLT

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do Hurricanes, the cats change position and 9 times out of 10 they need a tune. I can get you a price.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yep, good info!

I've got the engine that can have extractors changed. I read the thread about engines and che king the car info plate in the engine bay.

Any suppliers you know? I'm worried I might buy the wrong thing on gumtree

3.6L LLT
I fitted pacemaker headers and cats and no engine light, some need tune some don't, luck of the draw. Mine is a duel fuel version.