Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sportwagon Suspension Query??

SWAGGN

SWAGGN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SPORTSWAGON SERIES II
IMG_2017.jpg hey man i lowered my sportwagon with the lowest spring made for them , its caalled a sp4 its a kingspring ultra low that has been reset by kingspring, i also changed my shocks to monroe sport shock, the car rides like its standard, smooth as even with a car load, i had to roll the guards to get the 22s not scrubbing ,

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
My advise would be to hold off, save a bit more and get the H&R coil overs! :) OR do both shocks and springs at the same time!! When I got my car lowered by replacing just the springs, the rear was bouncing all over the place. It got it done by Walinshaw and I believe they use the King springs.Then I got Bilstein shocks and H&R springs. Then it looked like the rear was sagging. They modified the shocks and the springs sat a little higher and now it looks great. I have 275 at the back and it doesn't scrub although the car is not as low as everyone likes. It wasn't practical for me because two kids and an adult in the back with a boot full of bags made the car scrub going over humps and dips.

weberdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6
Hi Benny J,
Just wondering if you got the springs sorted ?, I am in the same position and just as confused as you were, was it SL in the front and SSL in the rear?

pimpjuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina wagon V6
Sorry this is a bit of a thread dig, but from this thread and the arse on a sportswagon being high, would you:

Put ssl in the rear and sl in the front? I really want to lower it to make it look better. I would like to be able to still go over bumps normally and have the Mrs not stress about scraping etc.

Thx.

PS I'm a newbie to all this and this thread confused me a bit :(

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Sorry this is a bit of a thread dig, but from this thread and the arse on a sportswagon being high, would you:

Put ssl in the rear and sl in the front? I really want to lower it to make it look better. I would like to be able to still go over bumps normally and have the Mrs not stress about scraping etc.

Thx.

PS I'm a newbie to all this and this thread confused me a bit :(

Start with this post in this thread, should have most of your answers: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/king-springs-ves-22.152423/post-2684432

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Ok a bit of a thread dig sorry...

I’m in the same boat as the OP here. There seems to be contradicting advice here.

It’s stated that to lower a wagon evenly you need to lower the rear more than the front, since they sit arse up from factory.

BUT people fit SL in the rear and SSL in the front.

Why is this the case?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
OMG, King Springs and ride height. Nooooo!!!