Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve SS aircon bracket up grade.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
So I've blown the aircon belt off and need to get the upgraded pulley system. Is it a simple thing to instal? I build all my own cars and bikes and service them also so I know my way around a car. Just not sure if I need any special tools to do the job that are gonna out way the $360 to do the change over.
Thanks in advance
DF.
PS I've searched for threads on this topic but no one goes into any real detail on the topic, that I can find.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
EASY AS, takes about an hr and half standard tools, bracket about $110 and the A/C belt about $45 done. Bit fiddly to remove the bolts holding old bracket and putting on new but if service your own cars simple

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
My car did same thing had no aircon belt on it when i bought it then i figured why... it just spat the belt off straight away. Mine was fixed under warranty cost me nothing for genuine upgrade from holden. The bracket with double tensioner was $1000 for genuine one lucky i didnt have to pay for it. Never had a problem since

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
mine was $110 from holden, belt about $45 from holden, all genuine!!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Stretch belt from late model Camaro is better upgrade and costs like $30.

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
B5C2C002-6EB5-4F9C-AFEA-D77F5488BDF5.jpeg
Hey guys I’m about to do the same thing too mine. Just curious before I dismantle anything, do I use the existing bolts as in the original crappy single pulley compressor bracket, or do I have to get anything else apart from the new bracket n belt?
I read somewhere about having to purchase a tension bolt or something along those lines, unless I got this fix mixed up with another one. I really hate starting a job n then half way into the already stressful mission that I gotsa do another mission and walk my lazy ass it too nearest Auto store for parts. Bloody walking. Worst disease any person can get.

Dino76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Stretch belt from late model Camaro is better upgrade and costs like $30.
Hi monstar,
Do you know the part number for that stretchy belt and did you just remove the pulley off the tensioner or removed the whole tensioner bracket?
Cheers

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I seen a pulley upgrade on Facebook Marketplace the last couple of days.