Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Cop Car

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Yeah, dealer says I can have this for under thirty as well (with trade in). Books reflect that it was a highway patrol car stationed at Brunswick here in Victoria. It has a few marks inside; nothin major though....

Just wondering didn't the warranty cover the HB?

yeah mine had very minor damage too...but ur getting a one year old SS for under 30k, so what do u expect :)

nah it had just run out unfortunately.....

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Gunned from 0-100 at 4am in the morning? Highly unlikely.

I see more Highway Patrol Police cars parked behind bushes than I do patrolling, but, there is that one piggy in a million that will go that extra mile to do his job and ignore the paperwork!

panthergreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS karma blue

SV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VN Clubsport
ive got an ex copper car a white ve ss and coulndnt be happier with. It dosent have any more wear than any other ss.
the only hole that it has got is in the back of the glove box whitch dosnt matter to me.
its got things like the stealth button on the roof
mine had the extra battery in the boot aswell but it got in the way so i removed it.

metalfossil

Reaction score
My advice is leave it alone. A few mates of mine are cops and the cars are absolutely hammered (sure they're thrashed while getting lunch and not working - but thrashed is thrashed). I've been warned countless times about ex-cop cars.

It's a valid point. I wonder though what would most people call a 'hammering' in 366ci V8?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
It's a valid point. I wonder though what would most people call a 'hammering' in 366ci V8?

perhaps 'hammered' was the wrong choice of words. Perhaps 'abused' would have been better. I'm talking express u-turns over median strips when maccas is on the other side of the road and similar.

The thing is, like any work car, it's not theirs. So they're never going to treat it as if it were their own.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Gunned from 0-100 at 4am in the morning? Highly unlikely.

I see more Highway Patrol Police cars parked behind bushes than I do patrolling, but, there is that one piggy in a million that will go that extra mile to do his job and ignore the paperwork!

Try living in a small country town with almost no crime but a major highway nearby... highway patrolling is all they have, and they're damn good at it... ping ping ping... 24/7

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
i dont know about the other states but ive spoken to traffic cops and asked them about their cars and they say due OH@S regs up here, the slightest prob with any of the hi perf cars and they are on a tilt tray and off to the workshops.