Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Cop Car

metalfossil

Reaction score
perhaps 'hammered' was the wrong choice of words. Perhaps 'abused' would have been better. I'm talking express u-turns over median strips when maccas is on the other side of the road and similar.

The thing is, like any work car, it's not theirs. So they're never going to treat it as if it were their own.

I'm seriously considering buying it. So perhaps an RACV check will pick up on that sort of abuse, or is that wishful thinking?

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
In the QLD coppers I know there isnt a whole lot done to our cars except for harder brake pads. The areas I would be looking at would be interior B-pillar sections, seat damage and drill holes in the dash. I know all of our cars (non traffic GD cars) have a huge amount of wear and tear to the interior from our guns, radios, cuffs and tasers scrapping the crap out the interior when we get in and out. Also there is large amounts of spilled coffee in ours too! haha. Engine wise though, they would be fine, they get a good work out yeah, but are always serviced and usually driven relatively stress free on hwy's. Hope this helps a bit..

supahot1!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV - My10 Prado grande - MY10 SR5 HiLux
hey mate,

As Sly_VY said to check out for drill holes he stating a very important thing because there is lots of **** mounted in the front that is mounted from cig lighters windscreen and power adaptor. also check is wind screen is loose from its enforcement thingie

metalfossil

Reaction score
In the QLD coppers I know there isnt a whole lot done to our cars except for harder brake pads. The areas I would be looking at would be interior B-pillar sections, seat damage and drill holes in the dash. I know all of our cars (non traffic GD cars) have a huge amount of wear and tear to the interior from our guns, radios, cuffs and tasers scrapping the crap out the interior when we get in and out. Also there is large amounts of spilled coffee in ours too! haha. Engine wise though, they would be fine, they get a good work out yeah, but are always serviced and usually driven relatively stress free on hwy's. Hope this helps a bit..

Beaut to get some advice from the long arm...There are a few marks inside; nothing to write home about though. I haven't had an eight since my early twenties, and this one goes 'quite' quick. If I do buy it, I will have to take the lead weight out of my shoe...Tomorrow is D Day; I have a holding deposit on it at the mo.

metalfossil

Reaction score
Just wondering Sly_VY (or any other member) is there a definite answer in regards to wether or not the SS Police Vehicles are modified. I always figured it was an urban myth. Especially in regards to engines.

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
As TinSnips said, no mods. They stopped chipping cars back in the VR's/VS's too.

metalfossil

Reaction score
Well, I went out and bought it. I am very appreciative to all your advice (especially sly_vy). Thanks guys. Now if I can only keep my licence..