Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Heater/Ac vent controls wont work

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
Jumped in my car on this 35dec day and turned on the AC, the vent controls seem to be stuck on feet only. When you try to turn to face there are three loud
clunks in the dash and nothing changes. It still however will turn to demist. Any ideas? I rather try fix this issue if it is quick and easy than wait for holden for another week for yet again another warranty issue.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Mine has just done exactly this last week... won't change off face (thankfully) and clunks heard behind the controls on startup... old thread I know sorry but I went searching.

Holden dealer says there's damage on the internal components, specifically door mechanism. Parts ordered.

Envie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss v my10
Stupid Air Con

So i am having a similar issue
My vent wont go to feet it is just stuck on the face
But will GO to the window.

What was the outcome did you guys have to get holden to fix it

Driving a VE SSV MY10

Jon-256

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS Thunder
So its an actuator for the vents that changes it between modes. Feet to Face etc etc.

Try a vent relearn first and see if that helps.

I had mine replaced at Holdens and it cost around the 210-220$ mark. Theres a few threads on this forum talking about how to replace them etc but its only if you want to save a fair bit of money. The part itself ranges between 15-30$ and here is one of the threads https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-commodore-aircon-problems-more.127511

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/hot-air-stuck-my-windscreen.249235