Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Owners

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Re the rear visability... drive hard... drive fast.... then you don't need to worry about what's coming up behind you.

Oh... there is that small issue with reversing. Screw it... only drive forward!

orrrrrr.... don't buy one if you are the height of a jockey. (short people don't deserve V8's anyway!)

Hey... there is an upside to the poor rear visability.... my wife doesn't like driving the car.

Re someone's earlier comments about the rear spoiler being smaller on the 2008... That's cos the general standardised on the SV6 spoiler when he integrated the ute on the production line to reduce assembly time.

My SSV was one of the first off the line when it restarted in Sept... and my Holden dealer rang me to advise me that they received a tech bulletin... and said "but don't worry... I insisted on the origional SS spoiler on your behalf."

FYI- origional SS spoiler is 2-piece with black underside, higher, and more aggressive lines.

End of thought. Bugger Off.

dazchaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I have the SSV, and it looks hot and goes fast, and it is a bang for bucks winner, so you won't find anything better for the price. Bad thing is the fuel consumption, I can get about 9l on the highway, double that for weekend driving :devil:

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
dazchaz - use high octane (if you're not already) - minimu of 98 RON - like BP, or Shell. Makes a huuuge difference to economy.... I noticed between 2 and 3 l per hundred. PLUS the car is a whole lot more drivable... particularly in low rev range.

xss001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VE SS
Have had a VX SS for 4 years and VE SS for a week. The VE is great. Very different in many aspects. Its bigger..takes up a bit more room in garage, it take more to turn around, park etc. The visibility is not as good. The power is exceptional, handling great, fuel economy better, overall finish better if you don't mind the plastic interior and the silly handbrake.

Each have their quirks. Still getting used to clutch and gearbox...(see seperate thread).

If you have the money go for SSV but the SS is still great.

Its early days yet but the key question is would I buy one again if it was written off tomorrow....absolutely (unless they brought out the torana with a V8 in it).... I have had 6 commodores, an SLR and 253 kingswood. This is the best yet except for that bloody seat beat chime or we run out of oil in the next 5 years.

Jaydub

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6 / Toyota Kluger Grande
This is the best yet except for that bloody seat beat chime or we run out of oil in the next 5 years.
Hi guys.
Noticed a few comments here about the seat belt chime.
I was told that it can't be turned off (as a few others have said)
I did find though... if ya put ya seat belt on before turning the ignition on, the chime remains blissfully silent :thumbsup:

Since i found this, its now become habit. lol

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Have had my VE SS now for 2 months and 3000Ks. Have got used to the light clutch and gearbox now and its a pleasure to drive or at least was up until last week.

I now have a real set of problems.

1. The Cruise control decided to drop out last week and will now not set or resume.
2. The engine will not start first time clutch is depressed. Needs second try. (for those who haven't driven a manual SS the clutch needs to be depressed to start).
3. Engine check light comes on and stays on.

Called Holden Assist (RACV) and they said take it to a dealer. Nothing they could do.
Took it back to dealer . They indicated it was a clutch sensor problem...re calibrated software and cleared engine check light.
Cruise problem and starting still an issue.

Two days later Engine check light problem returned and Cruise control set intermittent.

It is going in for its 3000K service tomorrow so hopefully all will be sorted otherwise will not be happy.

Apart from that its great car, just too much technology.

Hope no one else has had these problems but if you have I would like to hear about it.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Until now the car is still my dream car ...

first day i bought it .. sat in it .. felt the bad vision thing ... and it's gone 1 min. later :)
+ for a 6.0 V8 I would easly sell a kidney to get it

as for the seatbelt sound .. I DON'T have it ! :king:

and now I am the king of road (no car can beat me in a drag yet) :coolpimp:

If you are still not sure just take it for a test drive and REV it hard and you
will love it :D