Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE ss stability control fault

Ve ss stability control fault and engine missing

• ??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steven 285

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore SS 2012 series 2
hey
My VE ss 2012 v8 has a stability control fault coming up also a check engine warning light with the electrical symbol in the middle of engine light.

The engine is also missing when this fault happens “I read the ve dose not like low power”. I bought the car brand new and I haven’t changed the battery yet, so I changed the battery and the problem went away. But with in a week the fault has came back. I tock the car to a auto repairs shop they put the computer on it. It had cyl 1 injector fault code on it, they cleared the fault but I’m a bit skeptic about it I would say it’s probably going to come back ???.
Dose anyone know of this problem or why it happens and if so will clearing the code work the car has 74,000km on it.
Thanks
Steve

45WW

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv Ve Ute
how are your running temps?
does the car feel sluggish, slower acceleration or have bluetooth issues?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi Steve, well funny you mentioned your error,
Because I had the exact same fault yesterday in the dash,
Engine light on, and stability control error and was disabled.
I nursed my car home, connected the scanner and it came up with a MAF error code,
So I lifted the bonnet, and the plug for the MAF had fallen off, the error code was low air temp, and low air pressure on the MAF.
I re-connected it, deleted the codes, and it running like clockwork again,
In saying that, it was my fault, because I just replaced the top and bottom radiator hoses, as the bottom one was leaking so I decided to do both, and had to remove the air box cover, the MAF unit, and the air intake unit at the front of the throttle body,
So I am guessing I didn’t plug it in all the way, and fell off, however it did fall far enough to be rubbing on the power steering pulley, but hadn’t damaged the wiring, where it had damaged the plastic conduit that protects the cable.
Otherwise, it’s all working ok now.