Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V Wagon

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Hi Guys,
Sorry I'm currently overseas and will send you the info on the pricing etc when I get back. Entourage on my laptop shat itself and now I need the product key which is back at home!! Fricken Microsoft!!! I got the front bar and bonnet from Universal Kustoms. His name is Michael. He's on facebook. Very nice guy. I didn't like the grille as I thought the 'holes' were too big and Michael will be replacing it with one with smaller holes and painted gloss black.

Thanks for comments guys.

Edit**
Just got a message from Michael. Pricing below:

Bonnet with scoops painted and fitted - $1350
Front bar supplied - $650
Paint and fit front bar - $450
inserts painted like genuine w427 extra - $100
mesh - $80
foglights and bezels - $190
fitting of mesh and foglights - $100
if you get both its $100 discount off the complete job

Best to contact him on 0412042553

Cheers guys.
Arj

Last edited:

bluemaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2011 SSV Sportswagon
Nice looking wagon a lot like the one i just brought.
Still preer the holden badge to the chev though.
Still trying to figure out how to put photos on here.

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
Very aggressive looking. Looks great. im from the S.E. subs too so might see you around.

bluemaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2011 SSV Sportswagon
chevy badges

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd post some photos of my car! Recently got a full 3" VCM cat back exhaust with OTR, HPC coated extractors and a tune. I just love the sound and the new response of the car. Actually I wasn't going to do anything to my car as this is my very first Auto V8 (and not EVER buying an auto regardless of what the wife say), and after hearing and driving my mate's SS-V ute with the VCM exhaust, I just had to get mine done too!! The boys at VCM were absolutely awesome and the tune got me to 253.8rwkw. Also got some ferodo pads installed and some race fluid. My next investment will be a transmission cooler and then off to the track I go! :)

Actually, looking to replace the rims on the car and put some 20" gloss black rims with a stainless lip. After that, will be the front splits and perhaps a small amp!! Still reading the Car Audio threads! You boys are a bunch of shockingly bad influencers and every time I read a new thread, I want to do more to my car! hahahahaha

As you can see I also got the badges removed and relocated the SS-V badge to the front quarter panels. I think the cars look much cleaner without the multitude of badges! I had to have the chevy badges and got the dealer to put them on when I got the car along with getting it lowered by Walkinshaw using King springs.

IMG_8597.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg
IMG_8601.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg
IMG_8605.jpg

YY5E3395.jpg
YY5E3398.jpg

YY5E3401.jpg
YY5E3405.jpg

YY5E3412.jpg
YY5E3416.jpg

YY5E3418.jpg
YY5E3423.jpg

Why would someone buy such a good looking car and spoil it by putting those stupid chevy badges on it. Looks great without them

bluemaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2011 SSV Sportswagon
My SSV Sportswagon

Hi guys
Got my new 20" rims and the ride is great! I went the staggered look and the deep dish at the rear just gives the car a great mean look! The rear are 275s. The only issue I have is the scrubbing and hope to get the guards rolled and replace the shocks. If any of you have any recommendations on shocks or places to get the guards rolled, please let me know

I got the tyres and the rims from TyrePower in Hawthorn and the boys there were awesome! Very easy to deal with and they have a great selection of rims! If anyone is looking for a great deal, just PM me and I will give you the contact details of the person to ask for.

Thanks.

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9960.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

Just brought my ssv 2011 afm wondering if you knew where to get a good sounding exhaust for it without any drone from the afm.
Trying to figure out how to attach photos. Gordon

Attachments

• Perth-20120126-00377.jpg
    Perth-20120126-00377.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG-20120123-00327.jpg
    IMG-20120123-00327.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 932
  • Perth-20120126-00376.jpg
    Perth-20120126-00376.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 853

bluemaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2011 SSV Sportswagon
Just brought a 2011 SSV Sportswagon. Awesome to drive very smooth suspension. One problem not loud enough with stock exhaust. I have heard untold rumours about what to put on it but cant make my mind up. Thinking of Walky. Still stock except for mags and suspension.
Cant stand chevy badges i reckon the stock holden badges look better.
I will try to download some photos later. Anyone with uggestions would be appreciated for xhaust with afm still active.
Gordon

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
My honest opinion is that you need to look at KPM and VCM exhausts and make up your mind. I got mine done through Autotechnique/VCM and while they guaranteed no droning, after many months of mucking around, they couldn't fix the drone. They admitted that my car and one other had drone and that they hadn't experienced that in other wagons!! To me that's a little hard to believe but... again, what one considers drone might be the perfect sound of an exhaust to another! :)

Anyway, I don't think any of the major performance places would even recommend putting an exhaust and keeping the AFM active.

Your car looks good. Might look better with the lion painted black though :)