Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve- ssv door trim

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
open up the rear door today and the trim that follows the door recess almost fell off .. took it to phoenix holden and they rekon i or someone had reefed it off .. after some discusion i flew into a rage ..told them what i thought of them an drove off .. then visited clarkson holden.. they had a good look and said it may or may need have been forced but was hard to tell..but they didnt think they could get away with a warranty claim .. at least they were diplomatic about it and would do thier best to help me out..
however i can plainly tell that the clips that are attached to the trim have come unstuck/glued from the trim .. anyway even if it had been pulled off you would like to think that the clips stayed attatched to the trim would you not .. $ 70 for a new one .. not happy jan !

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Has the car been tinted by any chance?..

Im not 100% sure what part your talking about but generally when the cars are tinted they take the whole trim off. Maybe speak to whoever tinted it, and if you got it done from the supplying dealer take it back to them

Maybe try a different dealer ie City,s North Citys or Metros.

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Has the car been tinted by any chance?..

Im not 100% sure what part your talking about but generally when the cars are tinted they take the whole trim off. Maybe speak to whoever tinted it, and if you got it done from the supplying dealer take it back to them

Maybe try a different dealer ie City,s North Citys or Metros.

its not actually on the doors ..its the black trim just above them thats come off ..stretches from close to the bottom of the front door to the quarter window on the rear door .. anyway wanneroo chrysler are footing the bill so no probs .. im just sick of phoenix,s attitude when it come to getting things done .. have a look at yours and tell me wether you think it could be ripped off accidently as its in there pretty snuggly .. you would almost have to lever it off to remove it and there are no marks on it wotsoever .. you can blatently see that the glue has come unstuck from the trim as the clips are still attatched to the car.

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
About a week after I picked up my SSV, I noticed one of the door trims hanging off! Took it back to the dealer and they reckon I reefed it off, said I must close the door by pulling on the door trim - what a load of crap. As if I would spend that sorta money and pull on the door trim to close the door! They 'fixed' it but blamed me for it. The Holden dealerships are ********s- the ones I have dealt with anyway! New car warranty-huh- what a joke! Less you have to do with them the better off you are! They just make you very very ****ed off!

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
About a week after I picked up my SSV, I noticed one of the door trims hanging off! Took it back to the dealer and they reckon I reefed it off, said I must close the door by pulling on the door trim - what a load of crap. As if I would spend that sorta money and pull on the door trim to close the door! They 'fixed' it but blamed me for it. The Holden dealerships are ********s- the ones I have dealt with anyway! New car warranty-huh- what a joke! Less you have to do with them the better off you are! They just make you very very ****ed off!

blood oath ! ..ive owned 2 holdens previous to this one and i have never had any luck with the dealerships .. they suck big time .. everybody else that has looked at it agrees that its just simply come unstuck ..jesus ! ..its not even part of the door .. the only time you would touch it is to clean it !

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Is the build quality good on these cars, VE's in general??

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Is the build quality good on these cars, VE's in general??

yes it is quite good, its the supplyers that let it down in ways, ie wellys problem

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
yes it is quite good, its the supplyers that let it down in ways, ie wellys problem

that an the fact that holden dealerships dont give a toss and would rather fob you off instead of helping you out

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
mate thats bad luck, u think they would fix that 4 u.

didnt leave any black marks on way out the dealer did u? i wld have smoked them out. cept im jst wasting more money lol