Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV UTE Dump pipes

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hey there,

anyone on here tried or heard a VE SSV Ute which has a catback system then dump pipes after the diff instead of rear mufflers?

looking to see if anyone had information regarding sound or drone etc etc.

Cheers guys

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
A mate did this not long ago (3" after market system) and his system is loud as you would expect from a dual 3". I havent been in his Ute yet to listen to in cabin noise. Taking off the rear mufflers (if its a stock system) will not hurt it and make it sound better.

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
A mate did this not long ago (3" after market system) and his system is loud as you would expect from a dual 3". I havent been in his Ute yet to listen to in cabin noise. Taking off the rear mufflers (if its a stock system) will not hurt it and make it sound better.

Cheers mate, ive currently got extractors --> hi flow cats --> dual 3inch catback and 2.5inch straight pipe at the rear with j bends but im looking to just dump the exhaust after the diff with 3inch dump pipes and leave the straight pipe on the rear for looks only.

Anyone else out there?

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
I have a 2.5 inch cat back and took the rear mufflers off about two months ago just to see what it sounded like. loved it for the first week the started to get really annoying the poping and cracking and the drone.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I am also looking at dump pipes as.I have got headers,high fow cats and a 3'' exforce cat back system,but i dont no if it will mess up my mafless tune