Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv ute factory hard top cover wiring loom plug

mlb2309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I am having the same issue as LNS. As there are only four wires, I am considering hard wiring myself. What would be great, if anyone can help, would be a wiring diagram. The four colours of wires are black, pink, red and brown. I assume the black would be ground, red would be power and the pink and brown would be light and central locking? Can anyone shed light on this?

Last edited:

mlb2309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
LNS, I have a source to order them. They have both sorts and were checking with me which one I wanted. I will let you know as soon as I have heard back in regards to price etc. I presume that won't be until Monday now.

The way they put it is there is a new cable which was released 2 months ago. I think that is the one that hooks up to the side of the tray between the front and middle tie downs. Could be wrong. I have asked them to clarify in their next email.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Its a patch harness so you disconnect the large grey connector rhs about halfway down and the harness plugs into both these connectors.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im only guessing here not being able to see your car but most likely the harness that has two large grey connectors, an earth connector, a wire that clips onto the RHS strut for the light, and the wire that plugs into the hard cover harness at the front end of the lid.

mlb2309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Apparently the wiring loom required for anything older than 2011 is PART LOOM0001 at $60 ex GST and $12 Freight.

There is a new loom available for the recently manufactured lids, however it will not fit the older lids.

Available from the manufacturer EGR. I accessed help via there website and contacting them using their online contact us link. I had a response within 12 hours of first contacting them.

mlb2309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
EGR have sent me the fitting instructions for the patch loom. This connects into the existing wiring down by the tailgate on the drivers side by disconnecting the tail light loom and connecting the loom supplied with the lid into the two clips that were used for the tail lights.

PM me with your email address if you would like me to email the instructions through to you.

jandrews755

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
i just brought a egr single piece hardlid with inbuilt light second hand and
so i had a look behind my tub liner and i couldn't find the loom. the only thing there was the power for the tail lights running to the back of the ute and a piece of pipe hanging down next to it witch i presume is for the loom to run through so dose this mean my ute didnt come with the loom for the light?
i have a 2008 SV6 60th anniversary any help would be great thank you

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Patch harness comes with the lid

MaxPen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Sorry to dig up an old thread but wasn't worth starting a new one...

I just put a hard cover on my VE2 and same thing - the cable at the front of the lid has nowhere to plug into and I need the patch harness. But its only 4 wires, 2 of them are GND and 12V (got the light working), I'm assuming the other two are lock/unlock triggers for the central locking module already in the lid. If anyone has this harness and could tell me what car wiring it patches into (what colour wires of the taillight wiring down the RHS) I'll just splice into it myself and make a new waterproof 4 terminal connector.

Cheers

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
dragging up the old thread,

Can i get a copy of that email pls?