Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv ute factory hard top cover wiring loom plug

ufo8mycow

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VF
can someone take a photo of where the loom is on the ute that u plug into? ive got the hard lid and there is a loom and plug on the right hand side at the front, i put my hand behind the tub liner couldnt feel anything.

MaxPen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
The loom is supplied with the lid (or is meant to be) as already stated by Ricey. It won't be on the car already so there is no point looking for it. All it is, is a patch harness that joins into the existing car wiring, to give you something to connect the plug coming out from the front corner of the lid into. There are 4 wires coming from the lid that you can patch in yourself without needing the harness - they go to 12V and GND (for the lid light), the other 2 are for the lid central locking (if fitted) and connect into the wiring that locks the fuel lid. Asxtech may be able to tell you what colour wires they connect to.

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
ok no problems. considering im a sparky it shouldnt be too hard to fab something up, hardest bit will be finding a plug to math whats on the lid atm!

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Does anyone have a photo of the Switch for the light thats on the Right Strut?

As i have the cable there, but thats it?

THanks

ufo8mycow

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VF
Can someone take a photo of where it plugs into behind the tub liner?

I pulled the tub liner out, on the right hand side there is a loom with 4 different plugs all of them are connected to something.

David S. McLay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore SS Ute
EGR have sent me the fitting instructions for the patch loom. This connects into the existing wiring down by the tailgate on the drivers side by disconnecting the tail light loom and connecting the loom supplied with the lid into the two clips that were used for the tail lights.

PM me with your email address if you would like me to email the instructions through to you.

David S. McLay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Commodore SS Ute
EGR have sent me the fitting instructions for the patch loom. This connects into the existing wiring down by the tailgate on the drivers side by disconnecting the tail light loom and connecting the loom supplied with the lid into the two clips that were used for the tail lights.

PM me with your email address if you would like me to email the instructions through to you.
Hey would it be possible to send me those same instructions. I have the same issue... Thank you. [email protected]