Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sv6 2012 Stock Exhaust System Upgrades! Help!

iQuiet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z Series
Hi guys,
wasnt too sure where else to post this!, but im currently running a stock sv6 VE 2012 model, And thinking of doing some small upgrades just for a more meaner of an exhaust noise, currently looking at these mufflers

Exhaust VE SS SSV SV6 Calais Berl Diff Back Sedan | eBay

Has anyone used these? and wondering where the cheapest place to get these fitted in melbourne would be, I dont have jacks and these are literally just bolt ons.
Trying to go with a small budget, unless someone else can offer something just as good for around this price including installation!
Please provide your advice and feedback below! weather its even worth doing or should i just throw on a ss muffler and tips. etc etc.

Thanks guys!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Ok, those are stupidly priced for just 2 mufflers. For the $380 they're asking, you could go into any old exhaust shop and get the same for half the price.

My advice has always been this; Shop around, actually SPEAK to the exhaust places. Get quotes. You'll be surprised with the differences in price/customer service/experience.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
I went through a similar process as yours about 6 or so months ago on behalf of my brother-in-law who has an auto '08 SV6.

Through research on this forum, I suggested to him (AFM / Auto / Y Pipe) SS rear mufflers which he bought (non-AFM / manual) through Gumtree.com.au for $40 for the set.
They do alot of highway driving from the coast to Sydney and he's mentioned they drone a bit but not to the point of having his wife and his young kids objecting.

A couple of months later he asked about ideas for something louder, much like yourself.
Searching this forum again, I searched for Berklee, Redback or Lukey (no eBay special mufflers)
I got the most hits on searches for Berklee and only one negative comment from about 10 positive comments.
(unfortunately all contact with bro-in-law was via SMS which I can't find otherwise I would have just PM'ed you the details and links...)

Life and time got in the way and my brother-in-law never got the Berklee's so I unfortunately don't have first hand opinion on the sound of Berklee's on an SV6.

Since no one has responded yet, I thought I'd contribute to your thread - and as Kiddo's suggested, it's probably best to phone or drop into an exhaust shop, maybe even using mention the above brands to get further info on the sound you want from your exhaust.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
There's an exhaust guy on here that seems to do good exhausts. The link to message him is in my signature.