Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Car accident (AAMI insured, comprehensive)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yer if u hit somebody up the asss its yur fault

nope. used to be like that, but then some law case happened where a truck plowed through about 10 cars but only actually hit 3.. still the trucks fault that 10 cars where damaged so in this case it would be the celicas fault

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
In a concertina accident, each car that has hit another car from behind is at fault. UNLESS extenuating circumstances can be proven.

No need to flame me.. Unless you and/or a few people you know have been involved in one, save the mudslinging.
CSP and I are only trying to provide clear definition, we are not having a got at the VE driver...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What?? the VE is NOT at fault for getting pushed into the car in front.

Edit - I just got Trolled by the JC Troll didn't I....?

Rofl - like the car at the front - you got shafted :rofl:

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
In a concertina accident, each car that has hit another car from behind is at fault. UNLESS extenuating circumstances can be proven.

No need to flame me.. Unless you and/or a few people you know have been involved in one, save the mudslinging.
CSP and I are only trying to provide clear definition, we are not having a got at the VE driver...

One of the guys at work was the meat in the sandwitch last year in a 3 car pile up. The rear car's insurance paid the lot. The work car involved was insured with AAMI which is how I know the particulars. I think it would be very difficult to be the rear car and not be found to be at fault.

Car #2 is entitled to presume they can slow down/stop without being hit from behind and pushed into the car in front just the same as the front car entitled to presume it won't be hit from behind if they had a kid step onto the road and needed to emergency brake etc.

Reaper

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I got hit from behind about 6 months ago and it cost $17,000.00 and 2 months to fix it. It doesn't take much to add up, let me tell you.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Im insured with AAMI and recently smashed my car (pictures in profile). Took 2 months for them to fix it and am still chasing stuff up with them after 4 months.
Celica is at fault for sure. Failing to stop.
Shouldve called the cops, usually if its over 2k in damage i think... correct me if im wrong.
Goodluck with AAMI

Don't know about QLD (strongly suspect it's the same as vic though) but you you are only required to call the police in Victoria if somebody was hurt or property was damaged where the owner/custodian is not present.

Reaper

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits

I was involved in a very similar incident last year. Was the passenger and was pushed into another car in front at the traffic lights. The rearmost drivers insurance covered both my damage and the damage to the vehicle in front.

Saying that the VE is at fault in this situation is ridiculous. Normally you are at fault if you hit anyone but this situation would surely be extenuating circumstances.

Based on your theory i could run my car into my ex girlfriends car, pushing it into a Lamborghini and she is screwed.....

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It's a pretty basic rule really. You hit someone from behind, YOU ARE AT FAULT. Even if it was because someone hit you from behind. Fact is you will never go very far if that happens and if you have left the correct safe distance in front, you won't rear end anyone ever. Yes, there are certain circumstances where you will get lucky and someone else's insurance will cover it. But believe me, when it comes to claims if you've hit someone from behind you're at fault. It's fact.

And it's quite clear from the photos in the OP that the impact wasn't very significant which means the VE would have been WAY too close to the Mazda to have ANY chance of hitting it.

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
It's a pretty basic rule really. You hit someone from behind, YOU ARE AT FAULT. Even if it was because someone hit you from behind. Fact is you will never go very far if that happens and if you have left the correct safe distance in front, you won't rear end anyone ever. Yes, there are certain circumstances where you will get lucky and someone else's insurance will cover it. But believe me, when it comes to claims if you've hit someone from behind you're at fault. It's fact.

i cant believe your still standing by this ludicrous theory