Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Tyre Wear

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
I got my re050a's in 245 40 19 for $265 each fitted, $1060 for four, from my local (not big chain) tyre shop

Crikey!

Where did you get them that cheap? Please PM me.

I just checked out some nice chinese tyres! lol 125 bucks for "Evergreen" EU72 245/45ZR18 100W XL!
Beat that.

I wonder why they call them Evergreen; probably because you'll wrap ya self round an evergreen tree like a bluddy big gum tree. lol

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
I wonder why they call them Evergreen; probably because you'll wrap ya self round an evergreen tree like a bluddy big gum tree. lol

no, its because you have to keep spending the green stuff to keep replacing them ;)

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Crikey!

Where did you get them that cheap? Please PM me.

I just checked out some nice chinese tyres! lol 125 bucks for "Evergreen" EU72 245/45ZR18 100W XL!
Beat that.

I raise you:
Manufacturer: NEXEN
Pattern: N8000
Size: 245/45/18
Price: $151.00 each

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
when i had the ute when i replaced the oem bridestones re050a, i bought set of the same factory rims,tyres,nuts & caps with 500km's done on them for $1000 then sold my rims for $600 so $100 a tyre was good.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
when i had the ute when i replaced the oem bridestones re050a, i bought set of the same factory rims,tyres,nuts & caps with 500km's done on them for $1000 then sold my rims for $600 so $100 a tyre was good.

Great deal.

That's what I'm trying to do at the moment, get a deal. (No such luck) :(

The cheapest I can find RE050A for is 360 bucks per tyre. Same goes for those new Bridgestone S001S ($360 also)

Ahh, but atleast they are cheaper now than back in 2008.

H

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Anyone tried winding up a little bit of negative camber on the VE rears ? Had a 4 wheel alignment done due to wearing the outside edges. They back pair still look funny, and the aligner who usually does a good job says he aligned them straight to correct the wear but its still happening. I'm half thinking about adjusting in a touch of neg camber myself and seeing if that will fix it. All those sloppy voided bushes in the rear can't be helping things either.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Still a fkn ripoff for a bit of rubber and steel.

Your not wrong there! Us Aussies are getting ripped off big time. The prices over in the USA are cheap as, infact, like someome else said, it's cheaper to import a new set than buy them here.

Aussie dollar has plenty of buying power...$1.06 at the moment but she haas been up all last year and early October 2010.
RBA: Exchange Rate Data

I think we have all been use to paying top dollar for tyres, it's about time we started haggling more with these tyre dealers because they have been doing quite nicely for themselves over the last 18 months or so.

I'll import if I can't get a decent deal in OZ.

H

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Anyone tried winding up a little bit of negative camber on the VE rears ? Had a 4 wheel alignment done due to wearing the outside edges. They back pair still look funny, and the aligner who usually does a good job says he aligned them straight to correct the wear but its still happening. I'm half thinking about adjusting in a touch of neg camber myself and seeing if that will fix it. All those sloppy voided bushes in the rear can't be helping things either.

What's the camber at now?