Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sv6 X force 2.5 making louder????

fieldo_ktm

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
Hey guys have a 2.5 x force stainless steal catback. Was wondering how i can make it louder? Is there something i can do to remove the rear mufflers or what not to have straights. any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
The hurricane catback system I've got all try dis was remove a couple of the resonators which made it a bit louder without being over the top

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I don't know why you would want it louder, but if you do (as mentioned) remove the rears and look eBay for some straight pipes. I think they are to suit a V8 but they will fit the 6 as well. I don't know exactly how it would sound but I would imagine it will be similar to the time I totally removed my rears... and it sounded bloody horrible. I was actually embarrassed to drive the car like that even though it was only for 20 minutes (it wasn't by choice, I had a reason to do it)

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Yeah agreed sounds like A drowning cow with rear straight throughs and std pipes

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
PUT CANNONS ON IT AND IT WILL BE FULL SIHK BRAH!!!!!!! /troll

Honestly if you remove its mufflers its going to sound like ****, don't do it. The sound of an Alloytech with no mufflers is enough to kill babies, kittens and puppies....

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
PUT CANNONS ON IT AND IT WILL BE FULL SIHK BRAH!!!!!!! /troll

Honestly if you remove its mufflers its going to sound like ****, don't do it. The sound of an Alloytech with no mufflers is enough to kill babies, kittens and puppies....

mate has an 08 sv6 and took off the rear mufflers and it sounds really good even to the point of where we were driving down the street and there were some dudes on the road (drinking) so we slowed down for them to move and as we were next to them one guy nudged his mate gave an acceptance nod and said "SS" even though the question wasnt directed at the driver (ilikecommodores) he sticks his head out the window and said "nah mate sv6" to which the guy replied "bullshit" we then shrugged and continued to drive.

and thats my story.

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
^ obviously alcohol affected 'dudes' dont know what theyre talking about, got pulled over by TMU on friday because my car sounds like a v8.. stock exhaust with only redback rear mufflers rofl

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
^ obviously alcohol affected 'dudes' dont know what theyre talking about, got pulled over by TMU on friday because my car sounds like a v8.. stock exhaust with only redback rear mufflers rofl

and B-roca says it cannot be done.