Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SPORTSWAGON
For anyone interested in the direct injected SV6 -

I've had my SIDI sportswagon for a month now and with 2250km on it I took it to the creek last Wednesday, 25/11/09 to see what they really do and give myself a base to compare too.

It pulled consistent 15.3 seconds at 149km/h in full auto and a best of 15.4 seconds in manual mode, and slower changing earlier and later than where the auto changes.

I also put it over a weigh bridge with approximately 200km of fuel in it and it weighed 1820kg with a almost perfect weight distribution, 900kg front and 920kg rear, so a heavy girl but a well balanced one.

I'm quite happy with the vehicle, it's now tinted and debadged but I would like to drop it a inch, throw on a K&N filter, chip it, a nice stereo (has anyone put a aftermarket head unit in their VE?) and maybe a exhaust system - although these may have to wait for a while for me to afford them.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
when you say full auto, is that in "normal" mode or "sports" mode? Thanks for the info, great job of benchmarking.

Brook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SPORTSWAGON
Yeh, what I call full auto is normal mode or "drive".

Last edited:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
For anyone interested in the direct injected SV6 -

I've had my SIDI sportswagon for a month now and with 2250km on it I took it to the creek last Wednesday, 25/11/09 to see what they really do and give myself a base to compare too.

It pulled consistent 15.3 seconds at 149km/h in full auto and a best of 15.4 seconds in manual mode, and slower changing earlier and later than where the auto changes.

I also put it over a weigh bridge with approximately 200km of fuel in it and it weighed 1820kg with a almost perfect weight distribution, 900kg front and 920kg rear, so a heavy girl but a well balanced one.

I'm quite happy with the vehicle, it's now tinted and debadged but I would like to drop it a inch, throw on a K&N filter, chip it, a nice stereo (has anyone put a aftermarket head unit in their VE?) and maybe a exhaust system - although these may have to wait for a while for me to afford them.

you cant chip them like the older models mate, you just get it retuned, not 100% sure what they do tho

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
makes it hard to put the factory chip back in for waranty issues when the whole ecm has been flashed

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yeh guys, when VCM gets onto it you can just tune your factory chip, much better gains having a custom tune over a chip

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
yeh guys, when VCM gets onto it you can just tune your factory chip, much better gains having a custom tune over a chip

Any word on how far away VCM are from having a tune for the SV6??

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
next year sometime is what they told me.

Stupid if you ask me, I know plenty of people who want one.

Powerchip can tune your car, just make sure you know what you're asking though, coz they need alot of pushing ive been told

Brook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SPORTSWAGON
All SV6's are 3.6l. cheers.