Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Utes asking a Premium Price !

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The story is about someone selling a VE ute in the UK, and asking a premium price. For some reason it has @vc commodore and @losh1971 in a bit of a tizzy.

We all know that there can be a difference between an asking price and what they actually sell for. Don’t over complicate it. It’s just - and only - a story about a ute advertised in the UK. We all know that you two are the prima donnas (or primo uomos) of secondhand values.

Psst, the quoted $30,000 is ‘listed for sale’ in Australia - not actual values. Have a look on CarSales, I can bet that there will be some listed for $30k plus.

Lighten up guys! :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The story is about someone selling a VE ute in the UK, and asking a premium price. For some reason it has @vc commodore and @losh1971 in a bit of a tizzy.
The story is dated, ummm, let’s check, today!
Lighten up sure. But you're the one that came out waving your badge around because I didn't see a date in the report. So how about pulling the your head in, then this argument never would have eventuated.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
It might just be me, but paying over $30k for a clean low km VE V8 Ute would not be a issue, if I wanted a VE/VF SS ute as a Sunday driver that is, which I don't (I actually don't like the newer shape, hence why I got a VX SS sedan, and not a VE/VF SS sedan when I went looking for a 4 door toy, to my old eyes the VX is the best shape Commodore ever made, nice and curvy, and if I wanted a ute I would have been looking at some VU SS series 2), as always, opinions may vary

If I was in the market though, it would need to be a garaged, clean low km one though, which would demand a premium, just like my VX demanded a premium at the time, it was almost the most expensive, but had had the lowest km and the best condition car I could find at the time

Consider your options, you have cash, and really, really, want a clean newish bit of Aussie muscle, if the buyer is anything like me they will search around for exactly what they are after, and pay a premium for one

I mean, they, VE/VF utes, like us, and all premium versions of Aussie muscle cars ain't getting any younger, and if you want some Aussie muscle now, that is in excellent condition, and you have the funds to play, you will pay for your passion

In saying this, all high km versions, with no documented service history, or anything that looks like it has a hard life, would NOT be on my list of cars to look at

I mean, if your looking for some specific Aussie muscle in ute form what else would you look at if you want a sweet Sunday cruiser (me....I would look at some VU series 2 SS utes, again with my opinions)

Honestly, I think premium examples of all Aussie muscle will still get a premium to the right buyer with a healthy slush fund for toys

For the buyer the key is the healthy slush fund, so only financially stable people with cash to spare on life's indulgences need to apply, but then they/we are typically a picky bunch, and will walk away quickly from average cars

Everybody else can fight over the average

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

We all know that there can be a difference between an asking price and what they actually sell for. Don’t over complicate it. It’s just - and only - a story about a ute advertised in the UK. We all know that you two are the prima donnas (or primo uomos) of secondhand values.

Psst, the quoted $30,000 is ‘listed for sale’ in Australia - not actual values. Have a look on CarSales, I can bet that there will be some listed for $30k plus.

I was simply pointing out, the article was mentioning Australian prices being round the $30K mark....You're the one that missed it to start with...More interested in pointing out a date, rather than reading the whole thing to begin with....

Had you read the whole thing....ie Losh's comment fully and the article, you wouldn't have jumped the gun....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
read the whole article before jumping the gun.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones......

Of course you won't see this comment, but hope someone else points out, if you had read losh's comment and the entire article you wouldn't be making such smart ass comments

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Ok, come on, enough is enough,

It’s just a general article I stumbled across,
I thought it was interesting reading, and may be of interest.
Not to debate over.

We are all on the same side of the Commodore fence.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It might just be me, but paying over $30k for a clean low km VE V8 Ute would not be a issue, if I wanted a VE/VF SS ute as a Sunday driver that is, which I don't (I actually don't like the newer shape, hence why I got a VX SS sedan, and not a VE/VF SS sedan when I went looking for a 4 door toy, to my old eyes the VX is the best shape Commodore ever made, nice and curvy, and if I wanted a ute I would have been looking at some VU SS series 2), as always, opinions may vary

If I was in the market though, it would need to be a garaged, clean low km one though, which would demand a premium, just like my VX demanded a premium at the time, it was almost the most expensive, but had had the lowest km and the best condition car I could find at the time

Consider your options, you have cash, and really, really, want a clean newish bit of Aussie muscle, if the buyer is anything like me they will search around for exactly what they are after, and pay a premium for one

I mean, they, VE/VF utes, like us, and all premium versions of Aussie muscle cars ain't getting any younger, and if you want some Aussie muscle now, that is in excellent condition, and you have the funds to play, you will pay for your passion

In saying this, all high km versions, with no documented service history, or anything that looks like it has a hard life, would NOT be on my list of cars to look at

I mean, if your looking for some specific Aussie muscle in ute form what else would you look at if you want a sweet Sunday cruiser (me....I would look at some VU series 2 SS utes, again with my opinions)

Honestly, I think premium examples of all Aussie muscle will still get a premium to the right buyer with a healthy slush fund for toys

For the buyer the key is the healthy slush fund, so only financially stable people with cash to spare on life's indulgences need to apply, but then they/we are typically a picky bunch, and will walk away quickly from average cars

Everybody else can fight over the average

Yes, there are a few people that will pay a premium for a certain selection of cars and there are also plenty out there that put dreamer prices on cars.....Unfortunately the dreamers outweight the premium payers....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY