Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Utes asking a Premium Price !

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
People pay what THEY think something is worth. If they want it badly enough, they'll pay.

Who gives a toss if somebody else doesn't think it's worth what the seller is asking. What's it got to do with them? They don't wanna pay, jog on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones......

Of course you won't see this comment, but hope someone else points out, if you had read losh's comment and the entire article you wouldn't be making such smart ass comments
You might be surprised what Stalker 5.0 reads but doesn't reply too. Had I said this he would have almost certainly replied. He seems to have a liking to to me as he will often **** post when I say something. I think he has a man crush on me.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s been that way ever since that guy in Tasmania bought one. He has bought up the whole country’s supply of spares and pushed the value up on them.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
After reading this article I had a look at the prices of VE v8's on carsales. Agree some people are asking silly money. What surprised me more was that people were asking the same sort of money for a series 1 as they were for a Redline.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
My understanding of this article is that the AUD $58,000 price is referring to the price of this particular ute is selling for in the UK, and the AUD $30,000 price is referring to our local market, which is a little optimistic in my opinion...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My understanding of this article is that the AUD $58,000 price is referring to the price of this particular ute is selling for in the UK, and the AUD $30,000 price is referring to our local market, which is a little optimistic in my opinion...

Yes, $30K in the Aussie market is overboard.....

The original comment was and I quote

Either that report is really old or he is out of touch with Australian prices

Strangely enough only part of that response was read by some....You have read it all and commented accordingly :)

VEHDT0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HDT Group 3
my lad has a 2011 VE SS S2 he purchased it 5 years ago for $21,000 about November his insurance company contacted him and increased it insured value from $20k to $32k he had nothing to do with it was the insurance company, but blind Freddie can see good VE S2/VF SS/SSV utes are holding firm over $35k my Lad parked his and hasn't driven it for over a year has 90,000ks and its mint

Reactions: Lex

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
my lad has a 2011 VE SS S2 he purchased it 5 years ago for $21,000 about November his insurance company contacted him and increased it insured value from $20k to $32k he had nothing to do with it was the insurance company, but blind Freddie can see good VE S2/VF SS/SSV utes are holding firm over $35k my Lad parked his and hasn't driven it for over a year has 90,000ks and its mint
But are these cars selling for over $35k?