Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve V6 2008 miner misfire/ chucking under accelaration

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'd be looking at the injectors. Cats work by heat but get them to hot and they can melt the guts out of em. The PCM monitors how the cats are working via the O2 sensors. Seeing as you have covered the ignition system fairly well the most likely issue is on the fuel side. A clogged or leaking injector could well be the cause.

A simple test would be to swap the injectors over to the other bank and then see if the fault moves with them.
Not reading any faults, probably needs to plug it in and see which bank is playing up. My car is alloy Tec it has plug leads lol. Should of said VE. Anyway good luck with it.

Alec Price

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 sports wagon LY7
I'd be looking at the injectors. Cats work by heat but get them to hot and they can melt the guts out of em. The PCM monitors how the cats are working via the O2 sensors. Seeing as you have covered the ignition system fairly well the most likely issue is on the fuel side. A clogged or leaking injector could well be the cause.

A simple test would be to swap the injectors over to the other bank and then see if the fault moves with them.
Thanks mate, but that’s the problem their are no error codes specific to either bank, the only code that comes up is the cat code for both sides

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thanks mate, but that’s the problem their are no error codes specific to either bank, the only code that comes up is the cat code for both sides

Ok, I thought the problem was on one bank. Have you tried cleaning the MAF?

Not reading any faults, probably needs to plug it in and see which bank is playing up. My car is alloy Tec it has plug leads lol. Should of said VE. Anyway good luck with it.

Your VS is alloytec?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Alloy water pump maybe :\

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
That's a good Idea but the trouble is its a pain to get that top manifold off every time you want to get at the injectors. At least the latest top to bottom Manifold gaskets are ORINGS not paper/cardboard and glued in like my one was. F!@#$%^&*k

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Ever work this out? No end.... was it the injectors in the end....