Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 turbo conversion

Ryan michell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 commodore
Hi guys just wanting some advice and tips I’ve bought 2 turbos for my ve v6 commodore just want to no what kits people recommend and pros and cons I guess any advice would be great

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Hi guys just wanting some advice and tips I’ve bought 2 turbos for my ve v6 commodore just want to no what kits people recommend and pros and cons I guess any advice would be great
Which brand/model turbos?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Your choices are pretty limited, you only need a bazillionty more things. Best option IMO is follow and chat to Tonyz Garage on FB. He's got a proven track history of boosting the Alloytec and boosting it well

Ryan michell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 commodore
Which brand/model turbos?
It might sound weird but one is off a golf and one is off a LS from a twin turbo setup I’m thinking of just going the single turbo from the LS but not sure

Ryan michell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 commodore
Your choices are pretty limited, you only need a bazillionty more things. Best option IMO is follow and chat to Tonyz Garage on FB. He's got a proven track history of boosting the Alloytec and boosting it well
Ok perfect I’ll contact him and see what he can do I’ll have a look at what he has done

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Ok perfect I’ll contact him and see what he can do I’ll have a look at what he has done
Don't bother

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 11.59.50 am.png

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
capa is the only one who does the ve v6 supercharge kit nobody does the v6 turbo kit for a ve but they do it for a v8 i wonder why

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Makes sense. Tony probably had a few trickle through over the years, I've seen them at the track but the LS is his bread and butter

ASE and Revhigh also do/did alloytec turbo kits, I can't speak for their current position or quality though

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
capa is the only one who does the ve v6 supercharge kit nobody does the v6 turbo kit for a ve but they do it for a v8 i wonder why
Apparently, its got something to do with the V6's ECU & its limited capabilities

Yes, CAPA do an awesome SC package for the VE V6 ;-)
Im thinking about going this route myself in the not to distant future

I've seen/heard people TT'ing their VE V6's but you need a HALTECH Elite or Platinum ECU

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Apparently, its got something to do with the V6's ECU & its limited capabilities

Is mostly to do with the fact of no one turbos Alloytecs. If you're going to spend big bucks leave yourself options. The ones I know of were pushing medium boost @ 300kw with the stock ECU. A Motec or Vipec would be needed for big numbers or ethanol