Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve wagon tailgate swap

Hgpanelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon v6 auto
My wagon tailgate has a ding thats always annoyed me and the realease button has stopped working recently..I picked up a near mint one the same colour and was just going to swap it out,is there anything i should know before jumping in..The gate i bought has a working switch and came complete minus struts so im hoping its not a huge job..I am a fitter by trade but hate working on things that are mechanical at home in my leisure time so if its a huge job ill pay someone else.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
nah not a huge job but you will need a 2nd person to help hold it while you put the hinge pins in and attach the gas struts, all the plugs are the same, just take your time with it

Hgpanelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon v6 auto
nah not a huge job but you will need a 2nd person to help hold it while you put the hinge pins in and attach the gas struts, all the plugs are the same, just take your time with it
I was hoping it is that easy,although i did not think about a second set of hands,that helps cheers