Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE window switch question

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
where did you buy the 530T device??? could you give the wiring diagram so i might figure out how hard is gonna be, cox i had ever done any wiring in my car and I'm afraid I'm gonna brake any wires in my car tho. thx~

Actually, the 530t will comply with those laws. You have to make an adjustment based upon current draw. If it starts pulling too much current then it will stop and roll back down a fraction.

When you look at a 530t wiring diagram it looks complex, but it's really quite simple once you get the principle. Which is basically... find the up wire, cut it... then use two of the 530t wiring inbetween to join them back up. Sounds daunting but once you do the first wire... it's all gravy. I do them in about 30minutes. Average Joe.. about 1.5hours seems reasonable.

That also adds it to both front windows, auto rollup on lock and roll down trigger if desired.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm a DEI reseller so I buy direct from the warehouse, but autobarns are also stockists, but the they probably don't know what it is. It's intended use is for alarms.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
erm:
19.3.2.4. Only momentary type switches or valves must be used for operating mechanisms to close power operated windows except for the driver’s door window.

passenger window is a no-no

So how does that work with cars that come delivered with them? Or is that another one of those... it's OEM so it's ok kinda deals?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Being technical... they are still a momentary type switch.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
im interested of buying one for my car, how much if i buy it from you??

I'm a DEI reseller so I buy direct from the warehouse, but autobarns are also stockists, but the they probably don't know what it is. It's intended use is for alarms.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'm out of stock currently and so is the warehouse until January when the new model comes out. Call the autobarns around you as I don't really do mail out, only supply and fit.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
i would wanna have it done by you but since you are at Mel, too far form Syd, thx a lot mate, I'll try autobahns then, cheers~

I'm out of stock currently and so is the warehouse until January when the new model comes out. Call the autobarns around you as I don't really do mail out, only supply and fit.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol I could've told you that mate...besides, I'm not a forum sponsors so wouldn't suggest it.

Also, any alarm place that sells Viper, Python or Hornet alarms can do the job for you.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
So how does that work with cars that come delivered with them? Or is that another one of those... it's OEM so it's ok kinda deals?

erm no, as far as i was aware, only the drivers window is allowed to auto up... which cars have passenger auto?

not that it affects me, majority of cars i do now dont have auto up at all.