Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE WM stabilitrak ESP cornering issue

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
VE Redline wheels were 19"x8.5" front and rear, VF1 came staggered, 8.5" and 9.0".
Try a pair of 245/40 tires on the rear. You might be getting a 'wheel speed mismatch' when cornering.
The best diameter match for a 245/40 19 front tyre on a staggered setup is a 285/35 rear tyre. 275/35 is a smaller diameter tyre and works electronically on a Commodore, but the Caprice calibrations may have less tolerance. Problem with the wheel bloke at Holden who should've got the sack, a 10" rear wheel instead of a 9" would've accommodated a 285 with the stagger job done properly.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I have the same tire placard on my Maloo, but HSV fits 275 tires on 9.5" rims.
I did ask about fitting 275 tires to an 8.5" wheel, which seems oversize for that sized rim. The polished alloy second gen. Redline wheels were only available in 8.5".
Is it legal for a tire shop to fit a 275 tire on an 8.5" wheel?
A 9" wheel is the minimum width for a 275/35 and higher profiles, and a 9.5" for lower profiles 275/30. A 275/45 may be a legal fitment on an 8.5" wheel but not a 275/35. The lower the profile tyre, the wider the wheel required for legal fitments. Having said that, there's another regulation if a tyre/rim combo is OEM fitted despite non-compliance with the tyre/rim code, it complies on that model of vehicle.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A scan showed it has a fault code C0899 which a google search shows as (C0899 power Supply Circuit Low Voltage)
Could be a lot of things but I’d start with doing a load test of the battery, checking the battery leads are clean and tight and then checking the ECM connector pints and grounds. I vaguely remember checking panel harness grounds can also be important.

The following thread may be interesting as it mentions a few things but op didn’t ever post back the solution.