Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vehicle Registration Costs

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I think QLD is fair, look at the
bigger picture. We don't need to get a new green slip every year.

It is very rare that a car in NSW going for a new green slip each year gets passed on the first inspection, most places will try to stick you for something that will cost ....

Gaiter

I think you are confusing the green slip for CTP with the pink slip roadworthy inspectoon for reregistration. In NSW, that's what causes problems at rego time.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
VE SV6. rego fee $284.70
TAC charge including GST $457.00
Insurance Duty $45.70
total $787.40

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I think QLD is fair, look at the bigger picture. We don't need to get a new green slip every year.

It is very rare that a car in NSW going for a new green slip each year gets passed on the first inspection, most places will try to stick you for something that will cost ....

Fair or not doesn't that just leave dangerous pieces of junk on the road? I have no problem with yearly, or 6 monthly vehicle inspections.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
But you have to pay $1.80 a litre for fuel...

I think the NZ system is fair in terms of registration charges. The Australian and particularly Queensland charges are just a cash cow for the relevant governments and don't all go to roading improvements. The road user charges system for diesel vehicles in NZ is also good in that those who use the roads more pay more. I also like the NZ inspection regime as there is a "government" inspection service competing with private enterprise which tends to keep everyone more honest and give the public more choice. The fuel prices in NZ are definetely a rip off but that is largely due to a lack of competition eg only 1 refinery. Hate to say it but I think we could learn from NZ on some things.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Gaiter

I think you are confusing the green slip for CTP with the pink slip roadworthy inspectoon for reregistration. In NSW, that's what causes problems at rego time.

You sir are correct. I am. I always do confuse them. It is the Pink Slip you do not need in Qld each year.

Fair or not doesn't that just leave dangerous pieces of junk on the road? I have no problem with yearly, or 6 monthly vehicle inspections.

Absolutely. When I got mine done on the move to Qld, I asked the place who did my Qld pink slip about this because it's exactly where my mind went to. The reply I got was "Yes, it is scary what is out on those roads. We get cars that come in with no brake pads, just metal on metal and we can't do **** about it. We can inform them, but unless they tell us to put pads on, it leaves like that."

I was also fine with yearly pink slips. Generally got the car serviced at the same time (back when I wasn't doing it myself)

R

Risky

I don't mind the inspection checks. The guys here know my ute & they'd tell me straight away if something was wrong.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
like how to play Rugby haha.. had to do it bro.

That's true and we could teach you how to play cricket. Well maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!