Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Velocity Superchargers

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
I'm curious to know if any has had any first hand experience with their products.

A side mount SC kit for 3.5k seems too good to be true.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
From the images, looks like a centrifugal supercharger, a.k.a belt-driven turbo?
They feel quite different to a turbo & quite different to a traditional (?positive displacement?) supercharger; not everyone is into it.

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
From the images, looks like a centrifugal supercharger, a.k.a belt-driven turbo?
They feel quite different to a turbo & quite different to a traditional (?positive displacement?) supercharger; not everyone is into it.
Yeah it's a different power curve, doesn't have the low end torque. But they go wild in the higher rpm.

Seems like a really budget correct kit, just wondering what corners have been cut

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've been interested in a Vortech from Capa. Vortech is around $10k for a intercooled kit. I too am interested to know why these kits are $3,500?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
looks like its only the turbine section that is the 3500, then u add the rest for a ''kit'' some look to be 5800 and 7200, still no injectors or piping and prob still need fuel system and tuning so it will be closer to the 10k+ by the time its all done properly

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That makes sense it's not overly cheap then. The Capa kit is complete but still another $1,300 for a tune and probably a day to have the kit fitted so another $800 there. But the Vortech is a well known and trusted brand. The mech I last used reckons side mounts are not worth it and need to go PD as SM won't make much difference. I've seen vids of Raptor kits on V6s and they humm with it and that's 3.6L. I reckon a side mount would give you a stack of low - mid, on a 6L, just not the initial torque a PD would have but still definitely worth it. Mine is set up for NA with gearing, so for me I wouldn't want too much initial boost anyway or I'd be shredding tyres, hahaha.

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's 3.5k for the charger , bracket and belt.

Yes it's not intercooled or includes injectors. But apples to apples. Bracket and charger from a v3 vortech is around 6.5k from capa.

So it's almost half price which makes me doubt.

I pose the question what oiling system do they use, apparently it's run in grease and sealed for life. This makes me doubt there is a set-up gearbox which if that's the case. The blower will never spin fast enough to make any boost. Second questions that arises is how long would that "sealed for life" last

Probably not going to waste the money unless someone has had first hand experience on them.

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
It's 3.5k for the charger , bracket and belt.

Yes it's not intercooled or includes injectors. But apples to apples. Bracket and charger from a v3 vortech is around 6.5k from capa.

So it's almost half price which makes me doubt.

I pose the question what oiling system do they use, apparently it's run in grease and sealed for life. This makes me doubt there is a set-up gearbox which if that's the case. The blower will never spin fast enough to make any boost. Second questions that arises is how long would that "sealed for life" last

Probably not going to waste the money unless someone has had first hand experience on them.
Very simple is that you get what you pay for. Some of their compressor impeller designs remind me of very ancient centrifugal supercharger designs and don't seem to make that much boost (minus the fact that they don't come with intercoolers). I have the vortech v3 ti trim kit on my ve commodore and i make nearly as much power as they claim their "race" supercharger makes (my kit came with fuel injectors and a fuel pump).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Very simple is that you get what you pay for. Some of their compressor impeller designs remind me of very ancient centrifugal supercharger designs and don't seem to make that much boost (minus the fact that they don't come with intercoolers). I have the vortech v3 ti trim kit on my ve commodore and i make nearly as much power as they claim their "race" supercharger makes (my kit came with fuel injectors and a fuel pump).
May pick your brain at some point if that's OK? I'd like to get a Vortech at some point. Been told by the place I asked about fitting one was they were **** as are side mounts, and need a PD. I was a bit, hmmmmmm, not sure about that?

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
May pick your brain at some point if that's OK? I'd like to get a Vortech at some point. Been told by the place I asked about fitting one was they were **** as are side mounts, and need a PD. I was a bit, hmmmmmm, not sure about that?
is your car auto or manual?
Centrifugal superchargers are way more forgiving to your drive train as it doesn't create all of it's torque as soon as your put the skinny pedal to the floor.
Centrifugal superchargers also have a higher efficiency and don't sap as much power to turn them vs pd blowers. They also make a lot more peak hp then a pd blower.

Last edited: