Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Velocity Superchargers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Manual. I thought they would still add a lot, and not useless like I was told. Might go elsewhere to have it fitted when I eventually go boost.

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Manual. I thought they would still add a lot, and not useless like I was told. Might go elsewhere to have it fitted when I eventually go boost.
if you are interested in a centrifugal supercharger. Procharger also makes a kit for the ve commodore which if speced right can support up to 1k hp for around 15-16k, but start at around 10k (same as vortech)

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
is your car auto or manual?
Centrifugal superchargers are way more forgiving to your drive train as it doesn't create all of it's torque as soon as your put the skinny pedal to the floor.
Centrifugal superchargers also have a higher efficiency and don't sap as much power to turn them vs pd blowers. They also make a lot more peak hp then a pd blower.
I think this is the main reason why I wanted to go centrifugal rather than a PD. The instant torque is nice for frying tires, but I'm aiming to keep it as a nice daily.
A higher efficiency is also a big plus.
Don't mind that the power comes in at a much higher rpm, as it gives me the option to drive nicely around town or giving it the boot on the track

I think at this point its pointing towards either getting a CAPA vortech kit or a Procharger kit. As attractive as the lower price of the kit, buy it once cry once motto seems to be the smart way.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
a PD blower is a constant so its like just have an engine 2-3 times the cubes all the time, its not like the torque kicks in and u cant control it its just all with your right foot and takes about 40-50% throttle to be full boost but its there any rpm u want if u need it, u can still drive around with great torque at 20-30% throttle and less then peak boost