Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very high under bonnet temps

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
are sides of radiator sealed ? if u have trans cooler in there and there is a gap in the sides air will flow out there instead of going thru radiator same if there is a gap top n bottom,

01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
It's pretty good now. I've reinstated all of the top and bottom shrouds to factory spec.

01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Still a bit warm in traffic, still getting warm. Air con is a no go unless I'm on the highway. That brings the temp straight up.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Really need to find out what those thermofan on/off settings are and get them altered if they are still stock. Probably check what thermostat it has in it too.

01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yeah I've just put the right angle piece back on, the piece behind it, the sump guard and to top rad cover as well.
Yeah it's a 98 degree thermostat, which is what the temp sits on most of the time (around 210f on the autometer Guage) , after sitting in traffic for a while or having aircon on it goes over and doesn't come back down unless I get moving for a few minutes without stopping.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
LS thermostat should be 89-90 deg C u are prob sitting at the higher temp cos not enough airflow, u could put a 71c (160f) in it to get the water flowing sooner, where do u have the autometer gauge plumbed in ?

01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
The Guage is toward the rear of the motor, when the autometer Guage has hit 230ish the dash temp Guage is showing about half.

01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Update. I haven't been here for a while but.
PWR radiator and 2 12 inch spal fans in a shroud did the trick.