Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

very low fuel, fuel gauge error contact dealer ????!!!

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Mine threw up the 'fuel gauge fault' one saturday night. I thought..... stuff this! I like having a fuel gauge!

I drove it into the dealership on monday morning, pullled up in the car park, & it fixed itself. :)

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Mine threw up the 'fuel gauge fault' one saturday night. I thought..... stuff this! I like having a fuel gauge!

I drove it into the dealership on monday morning, pullled up in the car park, & it fixed itself. :)

ive had it scanned and error code P0601 comes up which is basically miscommunication between the ECU and the only fix is to get a new one. Yeh i know what you mean mate, it comes and goes the problem. i went a month without it coming up once and bang on the weekend it does it. im going to book an appointment with holden to get a new ecu installed

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey guys, the problem happened again today.. luckily i had my scan tool with me, upon connection and turning the switch to the ON position, it could not connect to the ECU/PCM, after waiting 10 minutes the engine started.. so can anyone tell me for sure if this means i need to replace the ECU/PCM??

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Yes it means that exactly. I did the same when I had the prob, connected the scan tool and it said the same. Haven't had a prob since

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
shitt. you reckon its worth buying a 2nd hand one?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Take it to a dealership an find out the legit problem...

Just read the whole thread,

This is like some paranoid mother looking up medical advice on the internet. Then telling herself she has cancer when she just has a rash from banging the neighbour...

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
i have taken it to the dealership 2 times, each time they say new computer and $1000 and they also say "it may not fix the problem"

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
i have taken it to the dealership 2 times, each time they say new computer and $1000 and they also say "it may not fix the problem"

Didn't say that anywhere in your thread. You seem like you are too stubborn to take it to a dealership or mechanic. You want to fix the problem "Yourself"

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
its a bit obvious, after seeing the dealership was useless and gouged money off me i took to the forum to not only find a solution but help other people who have had the same problem and are still looking for a solution

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
its a bit obvious, after seeing the dealership was useless and gouged money off me i took to the forum to not only find a solution but help other people who have had the same problem and are still looking for a solution

Really? You took it to the dealership first?

i dont wanna take it to a dealership cause im sure they dont even know what it is and ill end up walking out having to pay $2000 for an unsolved solution. i know a few other people on this forum have had this problem

That's not what you said...
You should remember what you post, It has now been what.

Over two months, An you YOURSELF have not fixed the problem.

Cut your losses, Go to the dealership an fix your issue.

Cheers
Mat