Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

very low fuel, fuel gauge error contact dealer ????!!!

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
My first battery when i got the car would lose charge overnight and would not start the car, if i jump started the car and had the battery connected i would get odd warning lights in my dash and weird behavior with electronics.

If i jump started the car with another battery or disconnected my battery completely after starting, the car ran fine with no errors, connect battery back up again and it would throw odd errors out.

After replacing the battery with a new one, the problems went away, after a few call outs from NRMA to determine the battery was in fact the issue.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey guys, after $864 at castle hill holden getting a brand new ecu installed, all the problems have gone away :) there very great and friendly there and im gonna send my car back up to get my suspensioned checked up.. So in th end, a f@%ked ECU was the issue.. thanks to everyone for their input and help which got me to find out the problem

ShiftE

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman 3.6L
Hi, I had to get an new ECU when I purchased a car that was missing one. It is a WL stateman. Firstly, you can use a second hand ECU if you have the security disabled (by tech 2) before removing from the original car. Wreckers don't seem to do this as it costs money. I had a quote for the ecu, bcm, pim, and TCM for $350 from masri motor wreckers in campbellfield. I chose to take the car "Automotive Instrument Repairs" in Mulgrave who didn't have any luck programming a second hand ecu which I supplied but they supplied the same replacement computers for $350, charged me $100 labour (which I guess just covered the cost of trying to program the ecu I supplied) and $100 for 2 new key fobs.
I had a lot of other faults with the vehicle which were also uncovered such as missing abs sensor on dif housing, missing oxygen sensor, leaking power steering fluid etc etc. So I delivered the car to the automotive programmers not knowing if the engine even ran, and left with one that would start although I had to do the trick mentioned in this post where you short the starter motor to get it to run the first time (restarting works most times, although if the car is locked up, the starting has to be done using the shorting method). The programmer thought it may be some of the other faults with the car that were causing the problem so I had to fix these up and see if it fixed the issue. It hasn't at this point so i'm heading back to them.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I've called vcm and they said there are lots of troubles using 2nd hand ecu in the vz range

Wat Hertz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
This is a very good thread. I have the same issues with the very low fuel message but also no power to my head unit and dash lights when the ignition comes on and the airconditioner has stopped working. I do have a recognised after market alarm system installed. When i press the immobiliser the car will start and run,but the air bag icon lights up and the airconditioner won`t work.. I took it into a holden dealer in midland to get the codes checked as per warning message. Three days later after driving the car in to them i had to put the car on a tow truck as they couldn`t restart the car, I had to laugh when they told me they were still waiting on a reply from the holden help line WTF any other brothers out there with similar experiences?

Last edited:

Wat Hertz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
The drama`s still continue, after my car arrived at at another workshop i was greeted by my Blue Watch alarm system sitting on the front seat, the holden dealers idea of disabling it was to remove it completely, even though there was nothing wrong with it. A simple entering of codes would have disabled it. They tried another ECU in my car with no luck, so they connected mine back up, guess what, it wouldn`t communicate with the car anymore. So i have to have a new ECU installed and the new workshop has doubts that there was any major issues in the first place, but the dealers incompetence has cost me big bucks now. Just noticed that the dealership is advertising for qualified technicians lol.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
The drama`s still continue, after my car arrived at at another workshop i was greeted by my Blue Watch alarm system sitting on the front seat, the holden dealers idea of disabling it was to remove it completely, even though there was nothing wrong with it. A simple entering of codes would have disabled it. They tried another ECU in my car with no luck, so they connected mine back up, guess what, it wouldn`t communicate with the car anymore. So i have to have a new ECU installed and the new workshop has doubts that there was any major issues in the first place, but the dealers incompetence has cost me big bucks now. Just noticed that the dealership is advertising for qualified technicians lol.

hey mate, i used to have this problem in my car too when i installed an aftermarket security system with the ability to remote start, it seemed it would stuff around with the holden immoboliser all the time, sometimes my car wouldnt start at all, a couple of times my cars engine turned off and immobolised while i was driving, sometimes i walked up to my car to find the stereo turning off and on, best thing i did was paid Phreddy a visit and got him to remove all of the aftermarket alarm wiring and PRESTO the problem was gone.
if there was a way to completely stop the holden immobolizer from working then it would be good

ShiftE

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman 3.6L
Hi all, just thought Id pass on my experience. I replaced the battery leads to the chasis and the starter motor and haven't had any dramas since. I would suggest unbolting the ground connections on the battery and chassis and cleaning them.