Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF accessory turns off

pbsmick

Love the open road...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Calais V V6 Sedan
When the engine is off how do I stop the accessories turning off after the set 10 minutes? Was sitting in the car chatting and had to keep turning it back on just to listen to music, very annoying.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Press the radio power button - that'll give you another 10 minutes. You can keep doing this several times - not sure how many but it's at least two or three.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You can keep doing it, I’ve waited for nearly 2hrs for an airport pickup with a suddenly-late flight before.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
You could hold the ignition switch for 10 secs without brake pedal to activate the accessories or when you pull up, don't put the car in park. Use the handbrake and the car will stay on for as long as you want.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You could hold the ignition switch for 10 secs without brake pedal to activate the accessories
It switches itself off in about the same amount of time as just using the audio On switch.

I've never tried stopping the car in Neutral instead of Park; may have to give that a try (when stopped on the flat of course :)). Is there some equivalent for manual cars?

pbsmick

Love the open road...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Calais V V6 Sedan
Good advice I'll try it. Annoying feature. Like playing music while cleaning the inside or parked.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The only reason I know the car did this was one day while having an oil change on the hoist, the radio was on for about an hour and the car was in neutral. That's the only reason I could think of why it stayed active.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
it is a pain to have to keep pressing the start button every 10 minutes, but i suppose holden did it for a reason , possibly to protect the battery from going flat, the radio and computer left on would consume a bit of power