Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF and CTS-V 4 pot Amazon caliper mount hole size

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I have started doing track days so wanted a little extra up front. I like the red/yellow calipers but I dont like the stock pbr painted red/yellow (rear) so decided on the subtle black look ;)

Soon I might look at Kmac camber caster options.
For track days to produce the fastest lap times, I'd leave the stock brakes on the front and use a better rotor and carbon metallic race pads so I could fit 18" wheels on the car with R Spec tyres. Tyres are "everything" to maximise corner speed and enjoy pushing the car more safely with tyre grip that road tyres don't provide. 18" has the greatest range of R Spec tyres with a few cheaper options that are massively better than any road tyre.

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
For track days to produce the fastest lap times, I'd leave the stock brakes on the front and use a better rotor and carbon metallic race pads so I could fit 18" wheels on the car with R Spec tyres. Tyres are "everything" to maximise corner speed and enjoy pushing the car more safely with tyre grip that road tyres don't provide. 18" has the greatest range of R Spec tyres with a few cheaper options that are massively better than any road tyre.
I have thought about this too. If I go down that route i might have to go to koya for some custom 18s

Or try the Pilot Sport Cup 2 next. Cost double price of 18s tho

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
I do have the stock 19s in the shed ;)

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
Everything worked out well. Drilled, tapped and installed. Just need to run them in a little before next track day.

Attachments

• Brembo1.jpg
    Brembo1.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 44