Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF and CTS-V 4 pot Amazon caliper mount hole size

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
A work around is to get 12mm bolts and mount them with a shaft bushing to locate them properly. I haven't measured the thickness of the knuckle but say its 20mm thick, would get a shaft bushing of 12mm ID 14MM OD and 20mm height,

something like this
1702332355311.png

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
I just had a chat with a performance workshop that i have been meaning to try. I have booked a service and they are also happy to re tap the thread and fit up the new calipers and discs for me. This will be done in the new year.

Now I might think about painting them :rolleyes:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I just had a chat with a performance workshop that i have been meaning to try. I have booked a service and they are also happy to re tap the thread and fit up the new calipers and discs for me. This will be done in the new year.

Now I might think about painting them :rolleyes:
I need to check with the guy who installed these on his VF... I ended up getting the genuine Holden brembos which are obviously 14mm but he was adamant it was 14mm.

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
I need to check with the guy who installed these on his VF... I ended up getting the genuine Holden brembos which are obviously 14mm but he was adamant it was 14mm.
It worked out ok in the end now that these guys are happy to fit. It has put my mind at ease.
I was comparing these with VF calipers as best I could online and it looks like the same casting size with different size holes.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It worked out ok in the end now that these guys are happy to fit. It has put my mind at ease.
I was comparing these with VF calipers as best I could online and it looks like the same casting size with different size holes.
The 12mm hole calipers fit VE and they can be drilled and tapped to 14mm successfully to fit VF no problems.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The 12mm hole calipers fit VE and they can be drilled and tapped to 14mm successfully to fit VF no problems.
Drill the caliper hole with a 12.5mm drill (or 1/2") and thread the caliper with a 14mm x 1.5mm tap.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Fully committed now.
Black rear Stock
Black front - White Brembo decal
Good plan!

You don't need Brembo's on the rear although they look good, they seriously over brake the rear of the car. If you disconnect the ABS, they lock rear wheels fiercely on hard braking. Probably the reason Holden initially fitted Brembo's to the front only in VE and early VF.

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
Drill the caliper hole with a 12.5mm drill (or 1/2") and thread the caliper with a 14mm x 1.5mm tap.
I would not have attempted it. Leaving up to a shop that has done it before.

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
Good plan!

You don't need Brembo's on the rear although they look good, they seriously over brake the rear of the car. If you disconnect the ABS, they lock rear wheels fiercely on hard braking. Probably the reason Holden initially fitted Brembo's to the front only in VE and early VF.
I have started doing track days so wanted a little extra up front. I like the red/yellow calipers but I dont like the stock pbr painted red/yellow (rear) so decided on the subtle black look ;)

Soon I might look at Kmac camber caster options.