Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Bi Modal Electric Actuators Diagrams/Schematic

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
The relay kills power to the modules at the mufflers and the spring opens them back up the PWM signal from the CCM is constant.

power is applied to the modules at the mufflers and the PWM is used as a check to close them

Does anyone have a wire diagram/schematic how the VF Bi modal system works "eg" how it opens and how it closes the butterfly valves. I dont need any info on the Mylink side that engages it or not engages (tick on or off) it but I would like to know the process on how it works from the Boot relay and in that area to the connection on the Electric Bi Modal actuator itself.
Now this will be interesting!!!
Thanks

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z

Attachments

• E4AE4B03-9FCF-411F-9DAF-48E7887A1281.jpeg
    E4AE4B03-9FCF-411F-9DAF-48E7887A1281.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 188

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@Jayssvz no I did not thank you I’ll have a look to tomorrow and change the fuse tap

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
I'm not sure if this fuse or relay are ACC power and I probably wouldn't tap your module from there either. but it would be very interesting to know if power to this relay changes with RPM? ie if your car actually has the Bimodal on/off functional. as then you could wire it up to work like factory with the optional 'open all the time'

@Jayssvz no I did not thank you I’ll have a look to tomorrow and change the fuse tap

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
@VFSV6FORME you could just buy the sedan mufflers and when your getting the new valves welding on you could get them to extend the pipes as well.
I got my hands on a set of VF 2 Bi Modal UTE Mufflers that are in very good nick, YEAH!!! now I will look to get possibility your Ebay controller with the RF Fob. Yes that makes it easy and after this I hope the Caprice V has a accessory in the boot to piggy back for the power via those strang fuse things (Never seen them before)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, this is the one I used. Worked perfectly. I turn the bi-modals on/off via a key chain fob. He is very good to deal with too. Very helpful. Just don't pull the black box apart like i did! There is no need.

I would like to ask you 2 questions
https://www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au/store/bimodal-retrofit-module
1/ Can you tell me can you use the ultimate Conversion set up ABOVE on the standard run of the mill available every where VF 2 Electric bi Modal Actuators/Mufflers. If so that will be big plus

2/ The above mob give you two option in "Bimodal Control Options: Remote" one I see is a key fob YEAH!!! that you keep in your centre consul that would be the best to open or close the bi modal actuators the other is switch now what would anyone want a switch or are they talking a about a switch a main 12v power switch just in case you have NO ACCESSORIES Power in the boot and you need to turn the power off so you don't either kill the electronics in the control box of flatten the car battery.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you used your fuse tap the correct way? has the power actually gone through the fuse you added?
Yes that is what I was thinking about whilst I was trying to get to sleep last night, That fuse tap what happens if you plug it in arse around, you not protecting noting and if you have a short on the tap fuse line you can have a bigger problem up the line. Eeeeeek

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you used your fuse tap the correct way? has the power actually gone through the fuse you added?
Those tap fuse is new to me as I have playing with electronic stuff all my life but never use the Tap fuses before so do you have separate fuse in them that you can change that piggies on the existing fuse over the existing Main or the fuse side.