Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Bi Modal Electric Actuators Diagrams/Schematic

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Does anyone have a wire diagram/schematic how the VF Bi modal system works "eg" how it opens and how it closes the butterfly valves. I dont need any info on the Mylink side that engages it or not engages (tick on or off) it but I would like to know the process on how it works from the Boot relay and in that area to the connection on the Electric Bi Modal actuator itself.
Now this will be interesting!!!
Thanks

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The electronic bi-modal valves are controlled by PWM square waves sent to the bi-modal motor. Its the PWM signal that is used to open and close the valves and supposedly it's rather tight on required signal tolerance... !2V simply won't do it.

Have a look at John Revill's thread and stooges thread for details on how to make something that works :p

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The electronic bi-modal valves are controlled by PWM square waves sent to the bi-modal motor. Its the PWM signal that is used to open and close the valves and supposedly it's rather tight on required signal tolerance... !2V simply won't do it.

Have a look at John Revill's thread and stooges thread for details on how to make something that works :p
Yes that I was thinking, Did a googling on this yesterday and it not like swapping the polarity over to get the butterfly to open or close but to use a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) is overboard for a simple device like the motor on the actuators so what does send these PWM square wave out. They must have a Separate unit to do this from the Mylink to the BCM to whatever that give the PWM then to the Valves.

I wonder if anyone has succeeded using the Bi modal mufflers on a VF that was not designed to have bi modal to start with. ( I will look at the above links)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I wonder if anyone has succeeded using the Bi modal mufflers on a VF that was not designed to have bi modal to start with. ( I will look at the above links)
Yes people have got it working... also see this post from @John Revill. Another much earlier corvette bimodal controller thread is also a great resource ;) I believe these later corvette kits are no longer available :oops:

Luckily with the info provided by John, @stooge and the NPP corvette thread you should be able to build a controller yourself :cool:

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Luckily with the info provided by John, @stooge and the NPP corvette thread you should be able to build a controller yourself :cool:
All option are still available for me.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
After reading about this for 3 hours I have come to the conclusion that this is the best way to get what I want.
Use this Method by buying a new Control valve with all the set up and weld the new valves in the mufflers and use RF to control the two Valves on both mufflers.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...bimodal-exhaust-on-vf-s1.272536/#post-2985199
The Ebay Link.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5-63m...618056&hash=item2aa8b13ef7:g:8U0AAOSwoKFa9AZF
At the end of the day you still need two bi modal Mufflers and the only ones that will fit on a Caprice V is the Ute one's and they are hard to get but I'm working on that issue now

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
After reading about this for 3 hours I have come to the conclusion that this is the best way to get what I want.
Use this Method by buying a new Control valve with all the set up and weld the new valves in the mufflers and use RF to control the two Valves on both mufflers.

The Ebay Link.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5-63m...618056&hash=item2aa8b13ef7:g:8U0AAOSwoKFa9AZF

The thing I cant understand, they look like CAST not steel or Stainless steel so how can you weld them in.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Thing is as far as i am aware there is no acc/ignition switching circuit in the boot of the VE or VF. So it would be energised all the time unless you run a wire from the acc or a ignition switched circuit in the cabin.