Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais Sedan Seat Covers

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
i'm after some seat covers ,as above. dont want sheepskin,prefer jaquard or fabric. only after the front seats but will buy the set if i have to. i keep getting " not suitable for Calais" on all the ones i like. i have sent emails to 3 places asking why not Calais but havent received a reply yet. anyone know why they wouldnt be suitable? i thought maybe the 3 headrests in the back? all other models are ok. help appreciated.
cheers

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Might be due to the seat warmer

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Depends on how nice you want your seat covers. Ones from Supercheap are generic and don't fit the seat properly.

Mine are from Supertrim in Victoria. Wetsuit neoprene material. Airbag compatible and also compatible with seat warmers.
Reason why you don't see seat covers suitable for the Calais is the seat warmer factor generally - manufacturers are worried about overheating the warmer motor with a covering over it or burning the cover after prolonged heating. But as long as you don't use it or use it very lightly, you'll be fine.

In that case the genuine front pair neoprene ones from Holden for around $240 a pair can also fit.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Depends on how nice you want your seat covers. Ones from Supercheap are generic and don't fit the seat properly.

Mine are from Supertrim in Victoria. Wetsuit neoprene material. Airbag compatible and also compatible with seat warmers.
Reason why you don't see seat covers suitable for the Calais is the seat warmer factor generally - manufacturers are worried about overheating the warmer motor with a covering over it or burning the cover after prolonged heating. But as long as you don't use it or use it very lightly, you'll be fine.

In that case the genuine front pair neoprene ones from Holden for around $240 a pair can also fit.
At least you can get seat covers for a VF Calais even if they are expensive but try to get seat covers for the VF or better still the WN Caprice V you wont find them because of the TV hanging out the back of the seats. No doubt they can make them to suit but low volume has stopped them doing it.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
"Not suitable" can mean anything. In a lot of cases I've discovered, its because they do not provide for side airbag deployment. I cannot see how the seat warmer could affect a covering, though such covering would need ventilation to allow the flow of warmth through it.

Any hard seatcover base material could also potentially affect the Alcantara on the seats themselves. I make this observation because of the somewhat abraded look of the front seats on the VZ I owned which was fitted with luxe sheepies, with natural sheepskin back and side-airbag safe. There was definite evidence that 9 years of covering the seats left them in need of some tidying up. A lot of stuff from SuperCheap is sub-par, and I count seat coverings in the tally. You could try FitMyCar who manufacture all their offerings in Western Australia.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
whenever i see seat covers i immediately think of people who leave plastic on the couch.

as with everyone above, most seat covers are not airbag compliant. Your choice not spoiling the seats for the next owner's arse or potentially dying!

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute

I have supertrim on my ute. Rate them highly. Good fit and stitching is complementary to the interior.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
thanks for the replies. this is the reply i got from one email.
"
The seat configuration in the Calais model Commodore is significantly different from the other models of Commodore. The headrests, seat base and centre armrest are all different shapes"

well looks like i'm stuffed.
cheers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
the other option is buy some actual genuine seats (just the material), sit them in the cupboard if you wear out the originals get them recovered, done.

Just this week I bought a new steering wheel for my VF, leaving it in the box, if/when the wheel starts to wear i have a brand newie ready to go.. This is cheaper and better than getting it re-trimmed in 5 years!