Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore HID Kits

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Honestly, I might go the low/high beam set up from Royalty LED Conversion/Superior Vision Australia.

Anyone have any experience with these systems?

Buying the ones from overseas, might be a little tricky if anything goes wrong.

I did buy the LEDs from Superior Vision Australia but settled with the HIDs from AEI Performance Lighting instead after comparing the pair. The throw of the LED was just not as far as the HID, and whilst both are advertised as 6000K, there was definitely more wank factor to the LED than the HID as the HID is more like 5000K (as mentioned above it’s a shame they don’t make the 4300K variant anymore).

Because they’re not compliant either you’d be better off with something that is less than 6000K in the case a HWP is really looking for a job to do and pulls you in for a roadworthy. (I understand the risks for using HIDs but I don’t drive in a way to draw attention to myself)

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
Mate of mine had LEDs from Royalty vision, i found the low beams to be underwhelming, but the high beams acceptable.

For low beams I definitely believe HID's are the way to go. HIDs definitely do a lot better in these projector housings, and considering that the Chevy SSs has the HIDs, abliet they had the self leveling mech, means there was at least design intentions to accommodate HID light patterns.

Got the HIDs from AEI performance lighting and definitely impressed. Neat solution and I don't have to worry about creating a custom dust cap
I really wish they continued to manufacture the 4300k. The 6000k is more like 5000k and they'll do.
If the time comes to replacing the bulbs, i might source some 4300k blubs and retro fit them into this kit.

For the highbeams I got the nighteye/novsight H9s from ebay. High beams I rarely use and most of the if used, will be a quick flash. so definitely the LED is a win for me with the instant on.

LED definitely has come a long way, but none has been a good fit for these vf projectors. And i also wish they sell LEDs with 4300k color intensity.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Mate of mine had LEDs from Royalty vision, i found the low beams to be underwhelming, but the high beams acceptable.
I've had Narva Gen2 LED's and are much the same. The spread of light is better than halogen's and if high beam had increased distance, it was only marginal. Distance wise, they didn't come close to FG Series 1 Falcon reflector halogen's that are probably the best OEM headlights I've seen.

Once I had the misfortune that was awesome at the time driving a Toyota Landcruiser from VIC to SA with Lightforce HID spotlights, car headlights just don't cut it from thereafter!

Last edited: