Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore inventory at dealerships? What's left?

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
when we bought our SUV a few years ago, the dealer offered to register it as a demo for us to give us a better price even though it was brand new and sitting out the back.

i quickly questioned the process and they said they would transfer the registration into our name in a couple of weeks (to meet the manufacturer 'Demo model' requirements. He also told me Don't worry, everyone does it'.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
It is to do with bonuses and tax as mentioned. I bough my SS as demo and it had 12km on it...
It was on the lot for 4 months before I bought it...
I agreed to this and they reduced the price quite a bit compared to what I would pay if it was sold as brand new.

They took your 20 inch wheels off too to allow for the demo :)

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
.. the 2 closest (Melbourne) stealerships to me
have no SSV Redline anything only a handful of HSV
GTSRs and plain SS (sedans and wagons)

Talking to one of the New Car sales managers last week
the ones they are having problems moving are SV6s

curious ....

I guess each dealer is different with there pricing etc, my local dealer a week ago
redline.JPG

DrewPeacock76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF II SSV Redline
One local dealer near me has advertised in our local rag the they have over 50 VF's in stock including some SSV's.
The ad also states they they are interested in trade ins of other model (earlier) Commodores due to high demand for them

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
One local dealer near me has advertised in our local rag the they have over 50 VF's in stock including some SSV's.
The ad also states they they are interested in trade ins of other model (earlier) Commodores due to high demand for them
Where is that dealer please - I am in Sydney too.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
All these excess cars work in our favor for the 2 year old replacement clause in our insurance policies. There seems to b plenty of cars out there. Don't know why they were demanding so high prices last year when now seems to be so much stock.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
All these excess cars work in our favor for the 2 year old replacement clause in our insurance policies. There seems to b plenty of cars out there. Don't know why they were demanding so high prices last year when now seems to be so much stock.
It's called price gouging, scare mongering etc etc. People were getting redlines for 55~56k driveway and 2017 came and low to mid 60's.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Don't know why they were demanding so high prices

Coz greedy capitalist pigs* saw an opportunity to fcuk people over. Now they are paying the price.

*I have no problem with capitalism.....I just have a probem with the greedy pig side of it.