Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke wagon 2017 110,000 klm for 17 K. Mad or not ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There are 2 sorts of car people,

there are the petrol heads who enjoy big nasty arse cars and there are dudes like me who see no value in them at all and am simply not interested.

Hence it's the boring old Evoke for me. Just being honest here.
Unsure that SV6 & V6 Calais have that much to offer the enthusiast … there’s some Stuff there to make the operator’s life a tad more pleasant though, that‘s the Stuff which has more value to some than others.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
And that rolls down to the Evoke. The extra stuff one gets with the higher spec models I simply do not need. Others do thou and That's what makes this world go round and round.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Buying an unloved model quite often mans paying less..

So the common theme here seems to be the Evoke is unloved compared to upper market models, so the price you get it for might be lower than a similar mileage upper market model like the SV6 that everyone is raving about...

You might be able to use that to your advantage

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you can save money by not wanting what others want, gopher it!

Especially if running it to the point where there’s no resale, and what everyone else thinks is irrelevant.

BR33ZE

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY12.5 series 2 sports wagon
I just paid $19000 for a sv6 VE 2013 build wagon with 92000kms. A few scratches here and there and some scrubbing on the wheels. I think that price is reasonable. I also think depreciation will be slow as commodore wagons are becoming more sought after

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
The guy who owns this Evoke has made the fatal financial mistake of pouring a **** load of cash into a common Evoke in the hope of towing a van with it. In my correspondence with him it turns out he failed badly in his high school economic lessons and will learn an expensive lesson.

12 months ago he paid 21,500 buks for the car with 97000 K on it and then went balls deep setting it up to tow. He spent plenty on redoing the rear suspension which in fact was simply not necessary. Original tow bars not available from Holden so he fitted aftermarket at 1200 bucks. I've seen the amount of cash he dropped on it. Madness at best.

I towed 1050 KG on standard suspension no probs at all and with a 3ltre engine it does it easy, any heavier you need the SV6. Further more in 12 months on the road i seen only two VF's towing vans. One was me with my Evoke and another guy up in Queensland using the SV6.

The seller has been trying to move it for ages but no one in their right mind gonna pay him his money. He's done his money just like flushing it straight down the shitter.

If it is really is show room and is kitted out ready to hit the road at 110 K I may be his man but not at 17 K.

I have a mate who was a committed Petrol Head as a young guy and spent lots and lots of money on blowers, cams, flash wheels and any other fookin thing he could lay his pay check on. End of the day he sold them all at a loss and is now paying rent for the rest of his natural life.

Only fully cashed up punters should play Petrol Head, they are the winners.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
If you can save money by not wanting what others want, gopher it!

Especially if running it to the point where there’s no resale, and what everyone else thinks is irrelevant.

Spot on my friend, many people struggle with that concept. This will be my last ride hence I'm prepared to pay up front.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Spot on my friend, many people struggle with that concept. This will be my last ride hence I'm prepared to pay up front.
It sounds like as good an Evoke as you will probably find.
I paid 14 for a 2014 with 110,000km that was fully stock. So I guess it depends what value you put on the 3 years younger and the rear suspension. Are you doing another lap of the country?
If you are we should all come out and wave as you go past everyone's town;)

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
My first Evoke I bought in 2019 for 12,500 bucks from a car yard.. Fleet car with tow bar and roo bar fitted, 2013 model with 175000 klm on it. Fitted a transcooler and down the road I went towing 1050 KG. Sold it after Covid and returned overseas for part of the year as I do.

Time to road trip again so a few months ago bought another Evoke, 2015 model with 275000 klm on it for 9400 bucks. Planned to use it and then flip it.

Seen this plum and now thinking of upgrading to a low klm car and keeping it as a toy. Flip the one I just bought no probs.

Been watching the VF Sportswagon for years now and can tell you one thing. If the car is decent they fly out the door, in Perth there are plenty of sedans available but the Sportswagons are thin on the ground.

This last one i sourced took me 4 months to find. Yep, i'm down the road again, i'll throw a stubbie of Coopers Sparkling lager your way. Cheers

Last edited: