Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke wagon 2017 110,000 klm for 17 K. Mad or not ?

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Why would that be then ?

You love your high end models and that's all good but to dimiss the Evoke because its not is purely a personal opinion and has no real meaning.

All good.

Last edited:

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Love the 3L. Smoother and revier than the 3.6. Not a lot of difference in economy around town but the 3L is fantastic on a trip.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
When I want it to get down the road I use Sports mode, that makes a big difference.
The guys who love the big motors will never be seen dead in an Evoke.
I can understand that simply because I have mates that drink petrol.
Myself drinks Coopers Sparling Ale and am perfectly contented. There ain't no argument from me about who can piss the furtherest .

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I miss my old evoke, had to sell when family >5. Personally I'd never buy an SV6, I just dont understand them.
Evoke or V8 (used to have both, now just v8)
I bought an MY16 SV6 wagon because it was like brand new with 28,000km's and paid 28.5k for it when they were asking 60k+ for an equivalent SS. Other than the engine and smaller brakes, the SV6 and SS are identical in features and looks. The 3.6 V6 is enough engine for a daily driver.

I ended up with pristine condition VF2 wagon that looks like an SSV for half the cost! An Extra 30k for a V8 engine in a daily driver for me, isn't worth the additional cost when I've got the Redline ute to satisfy the V8 enthusiasm.

True car enthusiasm is an addiction you get a high out of modifying, or changing something to increase performance or visual appeal that isn't an easy addiction to cure and tends to be life lasting.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
15~17 is a good spot for a 110km 2017 evoke, it is fairly low kms based on averages and if it has a proper service history and it has not been molested by someone slapping chev badges, exhausts, lowering, fluffy dice etc then go for it.

nothing wrong with an evoke for a daily, i had one for a while and it was fine to do 100km per day, seats were a bit **** but over all it was a good vehicle, same as the zb, once you treat them for what they are (transport) then you find that they are decent vehicles fit for that purpose.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Exactly why I always default back to this forum. The love for the members rides is first class. A shared passion.
Anyway, I'm going to check this Evoke out on Sunday. Let ya know how it goes down.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
And that rolls down to the Evoke. The extra stuff one gets with the higher spec models I simply do not need. Others do thou and That's what makes this world go round and round.
We've got a VF Calais 2017, wouldn't know what half the extra stuff is:)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We've got a VF Calais 2017, wouldn't know what half the extra stuff is:)
The combination of me noticing how much time I spend not looking at the road in non-HUD cars now that I've had a HUD for a while, and the aggressive nature of Plod's radar-cash-register usage, has me thinking that the HUD is worth having. Unsure there's anything else I'd miss much, maybe the more comfy seats.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
I transgressed from a 1992 toyota wagon i had since 94 to the Evoke. Took me ages to work through it and the Tech was foreign to me. Someone on here said the seats were sh_it ?? I did have a good laugh.Explains why I'm very happy with my Evoke after the Camery.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Someone on here said the seats were sh_it ?? I did have a good laugh

yes i did say they were sh!t.

i have been through about 40 gm vehicles in the last 20 years and when making comparisons to many of them seats wise the evoke seats are pretty crap on comfort.
this is expected though because the evoke was supposed to be a budget/fleet orientated vehicle so they had to cut costs somewhere and one of those places was the interior which is fine because that means they didnt cut costs as much in other areas which is why its still nice to drive.

of course for you comparing them to a 92 wagon they seem like a massive upgrade but that does not change what they are when you compare them to vehicles of the same age.

after driving the evoke for a while i only found two things that let it down when compared to the ve/vf range, one was the seats as mentioned and the other was the suspension because it allowed more body roll and tended to be floaty at high speed.

other than that it had all of the tech that was needed for its time and the engine wasnt a turd.

personally if i was in the market for a gm wagon i would skip the vf and jump into a v6(awd) zb rs-v but that is just my opinion after owning a zb for 2~3 years.