Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Faux Suede Dash - Protection/Waterproofing?

marks92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS V Redline
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I have just ordered my VF SS V Redline and I can see the Faux Suede (light grey trim) getting dirty and was wondering what I should use to protect and waterproof? the trim.

Silicone Spray?

Someone mentioned to me i could possibly use the footlocker waterproof spray for shoes, would this be safe?

Any suggestions on this?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Go to a detailer and ask. Scotch guard is used on trims a fair bit, so maybe an option.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Opti-coat fabric protection hits the market next week. While getting that applied get the opti-guard leather and vinyl protectant applied for a complete interior solution. Then look at getting opti-coat pro applied to the paint and rims. Far superior products then what the dealerships use for a fraction of the price

duz10s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Prussian
Opti-coat fabric protection hits the market next week. While getting that applied get the opti-guard leather and vinyl protectant applied for a complete interior solution. Then look at getting opti-coat pro applied to the paint and rims. Far superior products then what the dealerships use for a fraction of the price

Toey where is the Opti Coat gear available?

duz10s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Prussian
surely there are some more easily accessible options for suede protection?