Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Gauge Options - Dash Command App

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Mate I’ve had a Bluetooth dongle and iPhone running dashcommand for seven years. Means you still have access to 4G from the app in the background, without configuring or entering a wifi subnet.
F1F551DD-ADD5-43A2-9393-512922580202.jpeg

More details here.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
cool.

EML I have wont even get picked up in my Bluetooth screen on my I phone?
Just gonna buy another one

scottfromwantirna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore S 3.8
I've pretty much exhausted my search options through the forum...and the Camaro forums...and google...

For the purpose of checking the trans temp on a 2014 Calais V (v6 LFX engine), I purchased a copy of Dash Command for my iPhone. I'm struggling to find a model that allows me to select the LFX engine. The default PIDs for anything I try don't have trans temp and while I'm prepared to pay the extra price for extended parameters, I can't find one in the GM section that includes trans temp.

Is there anyone out there using this software for their VF v6 (or late model VE) that can help me out? What model are you selecting and which of the extended parameters are you purchasing?

scottfromwantirna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore S 3.8
All good. For anyone looking to do this, just list your engine as the v8 variant (Pontiac G6 as mentioned on the first page of comments) and purchase the 2009 extended parameters. It will allow you to see trans temp for the v6 models.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hey all is anyone else having problems with the dash command app on iPhone at the moment??
I have an iPhone XR (whatever one that is) and I keep getting this message now.
A1BDF4DC-4A54-4A62-8218-EB05B8273412.png

As soon as I hit close the app shuts down and goes back to the home screen.

Last time this happened I deleted the app and started again but it meant that I had to re-enter all the information about the car and set up all my gauges again which is a pain in the ass.

So has anyone got a fix for this without deleting the app??

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
So has anyone got a fix for this without deleting the app??

If it is a free version the developer might have coded in a maximum usage time in an attempt to get people to buy the app or make sure all copies are only a certain amount of days/years old and when you delete the app it wipes out any cached data about your last install which would unlock it for another X amount of days until the same thing happens.

If its a paid app and there is no update that fixes it i would be asking the developer why that restriction is inplace on a paid app.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Cheers @stooge its the paid version of the app with added paid GM PID’s. I’ll try and get ahold of the developer to find out what’s going on.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Ok so it turns out there is an update for dash command that doesn’t show up when you go into the App store.

I did a google search to get the developers contact details and when I clicked on the link it opened up to a update Page did the update and all seems good.