Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF HID hi beam

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Wow cant believe this thread has taken off.

I have low beam HIDs and they're fantastic. I understand that they're not fully legal but as always these mods are at our own risk. I've had them in previous cars and I couldn't be without them in my new commodore as the factory lights were terrible. I justify it to myself as I live a fair way out from the city and have adjusted them down to a point that they don't affect oncoming cars (I certainly don't get flashed). I haven't put them in my high beams yet and I agree that they're reflectors instead of projectors but it still wouldn't matter as you only even use your high beams when no ones around.

If you want HIDs, then get them. As always its at your own risk and make damn sure they don't affect oncoming drivers.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
not hating on you, but, just because you don't get flashed, doesn't mean you are not pissing off oncoming traffic, perhaps they, like me, are so sick to death of every other clowns headlight mods and fog lights permanently on running brighter than standard globes that if I was gonna flash every one of them, I may as well just drive with my high beam on.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Don't get started on fog lights... Yesterday, every second genius out there had their fog lights on... in daylight

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Don't get started on fog lights... Yesterday, every second genius out there had their fog lights on... in daylight

It was foggy until early afternoon.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I don't think that people who live in populated areas are really qualified to talk about what will and won't provide good vision in country areas at night. Where I live if you turn your lights off it is black. The more light the better when your in the sticks.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Regardless of legalities the HID won't be better than a halogen. You will not have a sharp, focused light pattern in a reflector. Scattered light won't help you see any better.

Unless you adjust the focal point using washers or some other method.

J

Jingle Bells

not hating on you, but, just because you don't get flashed, doesn't mean you are not pissing off oncoming traffic, perhaps they, like me, are so sick to death of every other clowns headlight mods and fog lights permanently on running brighter than standard globes that if I was gonna flash every one of them, I may as well just drive with my high beam on.

I was driving on the Pacific Highway from Hornsby to the Rocks in Sydney last Thursday night at about 8pm....well you guessed it....the array of different coloured headlights and illumination of same coming in 2 lanes of traffic in the opposite direction was mind boggling to say the least.

The worst ones were the blue lights, the high definition output white lights and the bloody fog lights on a clear night...you have to drive in this situation to see the problem...I know of people changing the fog lights to a whiter and brighter light !@#$%^&*....the standard factory fitted lights were no problem coming in the opposite direction...thank God I live in the country....but the P Platers here are starting to put all these different types of lights on their cars including LED bar lights as soon as Repco put out their catalogue with a 50% sale.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
the high definition output white lights and the bloody fog lights on a clear night...you have to drive in this situation to see the problem...

What problem? I wish I could get high definition lights for my cars. To see the world in 1080p at night would be awesome!

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Most of the time I have issues with Merc's or Audi's blinding me because of the intensity of their light, so what's the difference if mine are going to do the same to them? The washers and auto-leveling does nothing to stop it.