Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Commodores have had crap AC since the beginning of time. Dads VN, VS, VSII statesman, all had issues with AC, My VE, VEII both have had issues. At least with the VFII it was still under warranty when the compressor and seals all went.

In saying that I hope the Redline will get the heated/vented seats the SS in the US gets.

Caprice V has them. It has rooly good Climate Control too

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Can only agree with you. The dealer loaned me a brand new Captiva while my Calais V was being serviced (I needed to be somewhere), and I couldn't believe how terrible the handling was. It felt like the body was connected to the suspension by some jelly on springs. It was such a relief to get my Calais back!
Fully understand your suffering, Caprice in 'shop, they organised me a loaner, a F----g RAV4. What a POS! Pitchy, choppy, boomy echoey

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Having an issue with the screen on my VF Redline. Only seems to happen on very hot days(33c+ outside temp). After 10 minutes of driving with the AC blasting, it goes away once the cabin cools down. Took it to one dealer last year and they replaced a couple of fuses and a relay, then reset the fault codes. Didnt happen again but it appears they didnt fix it, it just simply wasnt getting hot enough to trigger it. Last weekend when we had those high 30s low 40s the problem came back same as in the past. Tried a different dealer this time and theyre just going to update the mylink software next week. Im no mechanic but i dont see how a software update will fix what looks to me like a hardware fault/issue? Anyway heres a vid showing the problem.... Anyone else seen this?

Haven't seen it happen in a vf yet, but seen similar problems in other cars, and accessories left in cars.
I would say the LCD is getting too hot, due to the extremely hot interior temperature inside your car, on 40+ day, I have seen it over 80+ degs inside
cars in full sunlight. Need to try and decrease interior temperature when parked up, sun shades, window tint, parking in shade, park so the dash of your not facing direct sunlight, things like that, are going to help.