Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Mecky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Yes you are correct but has anybody ever heard of it happening??? Certainly not a VF only specific problem and I dare say anybody who has had that defect would have had lots of other things going on at the same time.

I have never heard anything like it until I've talked to the dealer when I've bought the VF. That's why it's a 'VF issue' to me. I assume that they could not program the parking sensors and gave me the 'defect story' as an excuse. I'll see when I try it...

Cheers

Mick

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
When the towbar is installed it comes with a Trailer Interface Module so the car and the reverse sensors know the towbar is there and adjust accordingly.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Randomly my VF Calais V forgets my iPhone 5 bluetooth connection between starts of the car. I cannot replicate the issue at will yet.

Anyone else experienced the same?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`ve got the same problem with the VE.
If I go into a shop I restart my phone start car askes for connection push yes and connects.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
If I can work out how to run accessories (electrical power) without having the engine running that would be great. Manual isn't clear.. On my Ford XR6 with the key start (sure this applies to earlier model Commodores) you turn key to accessories and you listen to radio etc etc without the engine running.. There doesn't appear to be any way I can do this. The DVD player says you can't use it driving, if you can't use it driving then how are you supposed to use it stationary without the engine running all the time? I am not going to watch a 2 hour movie with my engine idling. Maybe I have missed something and need to read the manual more.... In any case the accessories only stay on after shutting the engine off for 10 minutes.:bang:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
If I can work out how to run accessories (electrical power) without having the engine running that would be great. Manual isn't clear.. On my Ford XR6 with the key start (sure this applies to earlier model Commodores) you turn key to accessories and you listen to radio etc etc without the engine running.. There doesn't appear to be any way I can do this. The DVD player says you can't use it driving, if you can't use it driving then how are you supposed to use it stationary without the engine running all the time? I am not going to watch a 2 hour movie with my engine idling. Maybe I have missed something and need to read the manual more.... In any case the accessories only stay on after shutting the engine off for 10 minutes.:bang:

It's a push start button system right? Just push the button once without your foot on the brake, should just turn on accessories without starting the engine.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
It's a push start button system right? Just push the button once without your foot on the brake, should just turn on accessories without starting the engine.

On page 9-7 of the Owners Handbook This mode allows you to use some electrical accessories when the engine is off. "ACC/ACCESSORY (Amber Indicator Light) with the ignition off , pressing the button once without the brake pedal applied will place the ignition system in ACC/Accessory. The ignition will switch from ACC /Accessory to OFF after five minutes to prevent battery rundown"

The Handbook says I can only use the DVD player whilst the vehicle is stationary (page 7-29) so it appears I have to have then engine idling at least if I want to watch any DVD longer than 5 minutes...:rant:

Last edited:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
It makes sense to have it shut off after 5mins. Why would you want to sit in a car for 2hrs to watch a movie anyways.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
:rockon:
It makes sense to have it shut off after 5mins. Why would you want to sit in a car for 2hrs to watch a movie anyways.

The same reason why people sit in their cars and go to a drive-in.. :doh:

Would a DVD player that is on for 2 hours drain your battery? (assuming everything else is turned off)

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
:rockon:

The same reason why people sit in their cars and go to a drive-in.. :doh:

Would a DVD player that is on for 2 hours drain your battery? (assuming everything else is turned off)

Drive in's have bigger screens. It does seem pointless to have a dvd player and not be able to use it for more than 5mins. A company will probably do something to enable you to drive and watch.

Possibly. I've had my stereo playing for about 30-45mins then it just died.