Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Poor paint from factory | Car is getting a full buff and wash

Good luck with that. What colour is your car again? Have a close look at the paint under direct sunlight when you pick it up and look for swirls / holograms.

Dealer "detailers" are notorious for doing dodgy work..

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Good luck with that. What colour is your car again? Have a close look at the paint under direct sunlight when you pick it up and look for swirls / holograms.

Dealer "detailers" are notorious for doing dodgy work..

My car is black and has swirl holograms in drivers door which they said they will fix. Besides that the paint is mint.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool. Just make sure they correct it and not make it worse, or hide it with a glaze / filler wax etc. )These will only wash off after a few washes or rain storms and will reveal the swirls again.)

It happens a lot...

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Cool. Just make sure they correct it and not make it worse, or hide it with a glaze / filler wax etc. )These will only wash off after a few washes or rain storms and will reveal the swirls again.)

It happens a lot...

Thanks for heads up mate if it comes back they are 2 minutes from my house to fix it properly. They have been very reasonable so far with everything

J

Jingle Bells

Hi Everyone.....I picked my SV6 last October 2014.....and I have not had one issue with it......perfection.
The trouble now is with stopping production in 2015....the production assemblers do not give a rats arse as to how they put the parts together....as they will lose their jobs.
IT'S HUMAN NATURE!!!!!!!!!!
Jingle Bells.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Hi everyone, Long time reader, first time poster.

I have owned my VF SS Sportwagon for around 5 months with it coming up to its 15000km service with most of the km's highway driving around Australia. Thought I'd post my findings....
Its my first v8 I have owned so I'm pretty excited about that, I'm surprised I still have my licence. Driving in the NT was fun with a 200km stretch of open speed limit from Alice Springs to Barrow Creek, 130km/h everywhere else and about 1 police car every 1000km. The car is not without some minor issues though - what car isn't. Problems and niggles I have found so far -

* Wind noise through drivers door, sounds like it's not quite sealed. I have noticed some black marks from the rubber seals on the A pillar paint. Either the rubber compound is shite or there are some serious pressure points.
* Steering wheel is slightly off centre to the left. Has been like this since new, and still remains after a wheel alignment from an independent tyre shop. (Can this be rectified?)
* First song played when car is turned on can vary from last song played to first song ever played and everything in between. Music is played via mp3 player in USB slot. (Never did this with my alpine head unit in my old car)
* Occasionally I have noticed the mysterious rattle coming from passenger side, depending on road surface.
* Slight squeak from front shocks when going over speed bumps. Rear shocks nice and quiet.
* Perfect Blue paint shows a lot of orange peel. Which was obvious before I bought it.
* 2 seat cover clips on drivers seat have popped off in between seat and centre console. I think this happened when I gently pulled the bolstering to clean the side of centre console. (#UPDATE 12/4#) I've had a better look at these clips. Normally I'd let Holden break them on my behalf. Unless I am seeing things they look like they are sewn to the fabric upside down. To me there is no way they can clip back on, so they may have been like this since new. As I said I'll let Holden break them on Tuesday when it goes in for the handbook service.
* I've had the car into Holden for windscreen washer water leak. Use to top it up daily even though I wasn't using it. They told me its escaping through the overflow. Now I leave the top 500ml empty (don't
know why there isn't a max fill line)
* Windscreen wipers leave a trail of water from the bottom running upwards in the centre of the windscreen.
* Extremely infrequently doesn't fire first time. Always does second time though.

Hope this doesn't come across like I'm whingeing. Just calling it like I see it. I absolutely love this car and possibly treat it better than my wife. Its had an oil and filter change at 1000km and 7500km both with a "cheap oil" engine flush, a professional polish and wax and gets washed way to regularly. Anyway off to burn some fuel.....

Last edited:

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
First time I have tried the heater today and it wont go on the floor, just keeps blowing on the screen and out the vents.
I seem to recall others have had this issue as well.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Above 2 posters
- wind through driver window there is a new seal coming out in 3 months apparently manufacturer didn't check tolerances on machinery

- rattle is probably door trim clips that can be stuffed from factory

With the foot well pumping air from top vents I was told this is a feature to allow constant fresh air into cabin. New barina hire car I got had the same thing