Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Thanks for the advice . We are all only learning here. New model and everything. Owners handbook isn't clear. It's not clear the fuel flap unlocks when you unlock the car. I was looking in the handbook for "Fuel Flap/Cap Release" It's now clear how it locks and how it opens.

If you are not sure then why post it as fact in the faults section?

So it's there a bracket on the fuel flap where you put the cap once you've opened it?

Yes, There is a hook on which you hang the tether for the fuel cap. Works great.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I have received advice from Holden Customer Assistance that allows your accessories to remain on longer than 15 mins .. They should stay on for one hour at least. Hold down the ignition button for 15 seconds and this will allow you to run your accessories for longer. I am awaiting written advice from Holden as it isn't in the owners handbook. You are welcome to try this but you do so at your own risk. Don't blame me if your electrical system fails to function after doing this.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
^^VY actually :)

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
My old VN didn't have it and I haven't got my VF yet. The Evo has a bracket that the cap sits nicely in.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My old VN didn't have it and I haven't got my VF yet. The Evo has a bracket that the cap sits nicely in.

My Toyota does too. I prefer the hook tbh.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
We really are getting into the hi-tech performance stuff, when we're talking about a little hook to hold the fuel cap. hehe

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
My dealer now says to hold ignition button down for 10 seconds for accessories to stay on indefinitely... I have that in writing on the service report..