Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Yep same problems with my VF. Think I posted about it earlier in this thread.

Bit of a joke how a 2014 model vehicle has issues with climate control temperatures but other than that all is good

Did yours get resolved? Did you take it in to get fixed?

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
G'Day HemiMagic,

Did you have any luck getting to the bottom of the drivetrain Vibration? I have a Auto VF SSV Redline Ute with this same problem. Dealer has tried wheel alignment and wheel balance which hasn't fixed the problem. Don't know how far I'm going to get with the dealer on this issue so was interested to see if you managed to locate the problem?

Hi JCM84,
Took the VF 100kms and the vibration is 80% less. I can still feel it, especially from the right hand side rear passenger seat. So not 100% but a significant improvement. The way it was, actually caused a sickening feeling if you were stuck on that speed (90km/h) regardless of the gear. 5th was worse. We have a few 90k sections where we live which are 10s of kilometers long.

I am off on a 400k round trip on Friday, so will see how that pans out. Will post thereafter.

Regards.

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Did yours get resolved? Did you take it in to get fixed?

Nah. I took mine in for a 15,000km service the other day and forgot to mention this. Don't know if they've done a software upgrade or not... Will suss it out next time!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have noticed that the temperature control on my VF does take some time to adjust the temperature on either side. I do not mean to be disrespectful of the members who have reported problems with the temperature control of their cars but I was wondering if they have given the controls time to adjust. In my car the temperature change is not instantaneous like it has been in my previous cars. Just a thought.

gonadsharp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi all,

One two occasions now, my VF SSV Redline has decided it won't unlock when pressing the button on the door handle. The key fob is definitely within proximity. When I press the button on the remote, the car unlocks and from then on, the handle button works as if nothing happened.

Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
so is there a resolution for the climate controll temp regulation? mine is very slow to react and seems to have problems holding a mid temp. swings hot and cold.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Holden told me allow up to 10 minutes to notice the change in temp after adjustment. I'm still shitty footwell setting also blows out face vent apparently it's a feature. Also some days 27 is 23 or 30 it's the worst most annoying climate system I've ever had in a car

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
My climate works faultlessly in my ute.
I think this is a sedan only issue?

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
My climate works faultlessly in my ute.
I think this is a sedan only issue?

Mine is fkning awful in my ute, its the worst ive had in any car i've owned. im either freezing or boiling hot, yes I've allowed time the entire drive to work, 30 mins. But if i say leave it on 24 while driving and im cold, I turn the car off and back on and its stinking hot air coming out.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mines ok in my Reline sedan. Hope it stays that way too.