Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Hopefully my Android won't have any issues when I get my VF in a few weeks.

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
My SV6 Sedan is about to go in for the 3k Service tomorrow. Have a big Issue with Indexing on the Mylink, it wont stop !! Ive tried iPhone and USB they both have same problem. Since it doesn't stop I don't get album art or able to make any of the playlist features :(
Only other problem is the seat wont lock in properly in the position I want and as others have reported the Heater is still cold at 28. I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out.
I did a pre visit to show them my Mylink problem because I said I don't want to make another trip here, if you tell me I need to bring it back because you haven't done you're homework before I bring it in, be scared, very scared when you speak.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I did a pre visit to show them my Mylink problem because I said I don't want to make another trip here, if you tell me I need to bring it back because you haven't done you're homework before I bring it in, be scared, very scared when you speak.

Be prepared for disappointment. My biggest gripe with Holden service is the number of times I have to return to get things rectified :(

BlueLagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My SV6 Sedan is about to go in for the 3k Service tomorrow. Have a big Issue with Indexing on the Mylink, it wont stop !! Ive tried iPhone and USB they both have same problem. Since it doesn't stop I don't get album art or able to make any of the playlist features :(
Only other problem is the seat wont lock in properly in the position I want and as others have reported the Heater is still cold at 28. I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out.

Let us know how it goes. Thankfully I haven't had the heater issue but I'm curious as to what you're referring to when you mention the playlist features?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Be prepared for disappointment. My biggest gripe with Holden service is the number of times I have to return to get things rectified :(

Be thankful you don't have an MK2 Ford Falcon then.
That damn ICC is painful to have looked at. was without my Ute for 2 weeks while they dicked around trying to fix the battery drain issue.

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Well I had my 3K Service and Heater fixed. Apparently there is a firmware update and I got it. I read in another forum if your heater goes to 30 and then to High you haven't had it and thats what mine did.
When you get the update it goes to 29 and then High. I get heat now at around 24 and dont have to put it up higher.

As for my Iphone Issue well apparently I dont have an Issue.
The Phone when connected by USB will continue to say Indexing and you wont be able to press Features such as Play more like this. You dont get Album Art via USB connection with an iphone you get it with other phones though, so I question how Apple lets them get away with calling the icon iPod it should be called Android. In the end he suggested that I Bluetooth Stream and connect my Phone with a charger. What the ? is USB Port for then.
Extremely disappointed with this and maybe one day it will be updated. Until that day I will continue to say that the "NEW" Mylink is junk for iPhones even if it says iPod on the dash !!

Sorry to ramble but its an advertised feature that doesnt exist. Hopefully a few more owners hit the Service Departments and I am about to write a letter to Holden tonight and see what comes of that.
I will post a Video of my dramas as soon as it warms up outside.

BlueLagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
As for my Iphone Issue well apparently I dont have an Issue.
The Phone when connected by USB will continue to say Indexing and you wont be able to press Features such as Play more like this. You dont get Album Art via USB connection with an iphone you get it with other phones though, so I question how Apple lets them get away with calling the icon iPod it should be called Android.

Mine finishes "Indexing" and I get album art, unsure what you're referring to with the features though.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
:spot on:

I think I must be the only person on the forum who gets good service at their Holden Service Centre .:spot on: would be a bastard of a drive for most of you though to get your vehicles serviced

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Blue Lagoon,
I cant select "Play more like this" because it says indexing and indexing wont finish.
Out of curiosity, do you have an iPhone and how are you connected Blue Tooth or USB ?
I must say not all of my songs on my iPhone are purchased from Apple some are MP3's of recorded from Records but none the less the Artwork is embedded in the file.
Its driving me nutty ?

sick_SV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 5.7
How do you find the steering with the electric power steering pump now in use?